"willing to consider it"

23| "willing to consider it"

He kissed me, and then left me alone to go see her! To go have sex with her! Behind her husbands back!

Balling my fist up, I almost have half the mind to march out there and then slap him across the face. What kind of sick bastard does he think he is?

We shouldn't have kissed. Nope. I shouldn't have opened my big fat mouth and even hinted that I wanted him to kiss me.

This is all your fault, Annie. Shaking my head in disbelief, I take in the fact that he's still talking to her and then I hurry over to his bed and pull the box back out. Taking the picture out of my pocket, I glare down at the woman again.

Before, she was so beautiful to me. So young looking, with the prettiest smile. But now, in the past ten minutes, its like she became some kind of monster. With fangs and horns and a huge sign on her chest that says, 'Molester!'. Honestly, what kind of grown woman with a husband has sex with a teenager?

The thought angers me all over and without care, I throw the picture back in the box and push it under the bed again.

Jumping up, I grab my bracelet and head to the door. I could care less if Luke knows I'm in here, I'm pissed. He's standing right in front of the door, when I open it, and he turns around when he see's me.

He's in my way, and I go to step around him but before I can, he steps in front of me. I go to his left, but like an asshole he moves in front of me again.

I glare up at him.

The phone is still pressed to his ear, and his stares impassively down at me; his lips set in a straight line.

"Move," I whisper.

"What are you doing?" He asks, and then he talks back into the phone speaker, "No, not you. Yes, she's here."

Are they talking about me? Furrowing my eyebrows, I cross my arms over my chest. I can't let him know, that I know. Otherwise, he'll know that I went through his shit. "Luke, move."

"Can I call you back, later? Yeah, yeah I love you too." He whispers above me, and I freeze.

I let out a involuntarily gasp and I look up at him. He loves her! What the fuck!  Why would he even admit that in front of me? Is he deliberately trying to tell me he doesn't like me?

Because, I totally fucking get it. My cheeks heat with anger, and this time when I go to move, he lets me. My legs can't get me to my room fast enough to escape this absolute shame and embarrassment, but apparently it's not my legs that are the problem this time.

Before I can get to my door, Luke's hand wraps gently around my upper arm and he stops me. "Wait, Annie."

I don't say anything, I can barely look at him. I hate him.

No you don't. Alright, fine. I want to hate him. But I can't, because to be honest, me meeting him and our kiss was the best thing that's ever happened to me.

As cliche as that sounds.

"You can't tell your mom, you know that right? Not even Andrew." He says, quietly.

Turning to face him, I scowl and yank my arm away from him. "Weren't you the one who said you didn't care?"

Running a hand down his face, he pockets his phone and sighs, "I'm sorry about that. I don't know what I was thinking. I just," he pauses, "I felt rejected and I was angry."

"Oh, really? So rejected that you had to go run to your little girlfriend and do it  with her?" I shout, fed up. "You know what? I don't care."

Throwing my hands up in annoyance, I turn around and stomp towards my room. I am not doing this with him. One kiss and suddenly it was like we were dating and at the brink of some kind of fucked up relationship.