Chapter 4:The Long Lost Princess

There was pin drop silence in the corridor and our voices were echoing when we engaged in conversation. But that did not matter to anyone of us, as we were too shocked to even care about our surroundings. I started to compare the features of the baby in both the pictures, trying to figure out any dissimilarities but failed to detect one.

"It just can't happen, Sein. Maybe me and princess had the same blanket." I shrugged at Sein when in reality my heart was pounding hardly in my chest.

"Are you crazy? How can't you not notice the similarities between you and the queen Bridget? You are almost like her!" he exclaimed throwing his hand in the air.

"Sometimes, there will be similarities between people even though they are not connected Sein." I calmly said him.

"Oh, so you think that huh? How about I prove you?" he challenged me with his eyes.

"Deal." I said, confident that I am not related to the royals.

"Just look the date when the picture was taken, it must be printed behind the picture." he motioned me to flip the photo. I flipped the photo and glanced at the date which was printed '25th december 1989'. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as to why Sein urged me to check the date.

"I thought so." Sein mumbled, rubbing his face using his right hand to relieve himself of the sweat and stress.

"What do mean by 'I thought so'?"

"The princess was abducted on 23rd December, 1989. I was a one-year old child by then. Spain was literally a mire that period since their to-be queen was abducted and there was no sign of her. And you were actually placed at the church's doorstep after 2 days of abduction. Does that make any sense now?" he questioned me taking me off-guard. By his words I want to believe that I am the long lost princess of Spain but at the same time, my mind reasoned with me to know as to why these people did not make an attempt to find their princess.

"Why didn't they try to find me?" My voice wavered, making bad assumptions of unwanted being on earth. The same feeling of dejection and depression from 5 years is rushing back in my direction again.

He cupped my face in his large hands and said "Hey baby doll, just listen to me and listen to me good. The king and queen interrogated many people, they investigated a lot to get hold of their little princess but they failed miserably. Whoever actually abducted you may had all the information necessary to abduct in such a way that no one will doubt them. But now you are here, you need to prove your identity, I guess." he sighed and placed a small kiss on the top of my head.

Just then there was a 'bam' sound from the direction we entered into the hallway of portraits. We swiftly turned our heads in that direction to notice nothing but an empty hallway supported by light emitting from the ceiling. Sein brushed off the topic deducing it to be a cat. Apparently, queen loves cats and has nearly 8 cats under her protection which grow inside castle. The were not put under control and were free to roam around the castle. But my gut feeling says otherwise, there was something wrong with this place which needs to be rectified before becoming a problem.

"Now come with me, I only had an one hour appointment with the king and queen for introducing you to them out of which half of the time is already wasted discussing." Sein grasped my arm leaving no time for me to utter a word.

We crossed many hallways passing many rooms on our way before finally ending up in front of a large door reminding me of harry potter when he first entered into dining hall of hogwarts. My mouth was dropped open in 'aw' at its beauty and gargantuan size.

"Close your mouth and compose yourself princess, you are about to face your parents." Sein smiled at me brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

When he said parents, my heart fluttered and a nervous feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. If they really are my biological parents, I would be glad to finally come across them and call them mine. But if my hopes were crushed and they were to be just my king and queen, I may not handle the pain that trails along with the truth. So it was better if I maintain my hopes down and not anticipate anything which was not my fate.