Chapter 20: We've had this Conversation

Kristy's POV:

"Rise and shine, Kris," Sam tells me, throwing open the curtains over the window.

I groan, throw a pillow at him with my mind, and roll over.

"Aw, common Kris, I brought you coffee."

"I will murder you," I grumble back crankily.

I hear his sigh and then the bed tips with his weight as he perches at the edge.

"Will you get up for donuts?"

I open an eye and squint up at him.

"Krispy Kream?"

"You won't eat anything else," he says shrugging.

I sit up with a yawn.

"Yeah, okay, I guess that's worth getting up for."

He rolls his eyes and gives me a one armed hug. When I pull back, he laughs.

"You better go fix that mop on your head."

I grin over at him and roll out of bed, literally.

"You're going to hurt yourself doing that," Sam calls as I bounce to the bathroom.

I'm surprisingly excited this morning. I feel like something extremely pleasant is about to happen...but I have no clue what. Am I really ecstatic over donuts? Or is it something else?

"Okay, mom," I call back, playfully mocking.

In the bathroom, I look at the 'mop' and indeed, it looks as if Sam cleaned the diner floor and then glued this tangled mess on my head. After tearing a brush painfully through the mass, I head out to Sam, who hands me a donut and a toffee nut latte. Dean has always teased me about being girly because I like my coffee a certain way, but you should see the way he treats that car of his. At least I don't name my coffee.

"I have to get to work in a few, are you okay here?"

I look at him funny.

"Isn't it only, like, 12."

He laughs.

"Kris, you've been out all day. You're used to staying up all night. I came in this morning, but there was no getting you up."

I scrunch my nose at him and bite into my donut. Mm, glazed will always be my favorite.

"What time is it. then?" I question.

"Five," Sam replies standing up and taking a sip of coffee.

"So what'd you do all day?" I ask.

"Not much. Worked out, watched the news. The usual."

I roll my eyes.

"You, dear brother, need a hobby. What about cooking? You could be the next Chef Ramsey...but nicer and with puppy dog eyes."

His bitch face turns on and I laugh at him.

"Relax, Sammy, I'm just kidding around...mostly."

He cracks a half smile and stands. I hadn't noticed before, but he's wearing his uniform.

"Bye, Sammy," I say, standing to hug him before continuing to chow on my donut like a pig.

Hey, in my defense, I haven't had a donut in a while. Dean always eats them all.

I spend the next half hour when I'm finished cleaning up the apartment and getting myself cleaned up. I've slept well for the past....13, 14 hours. I'm never going to sleep again.