Broken Glass

Juliet's POV:

     I stretch my arms above my head as I wake up. I look at my dusty alarm clock and see that it is 5:01. I mentally groan and try to contact my wolf, Lily, like I have been doing since the abuse started. Once again no reply. I know she is there, we use to talk when I was younger, and I can still feel her presence. But I haven't heard from her in a while. 

     I step out of bed and instantly feel a sharp pain going up my leg starting from my foot, I jump onto my other foot out of reflex and feel the same sensation. I look down and see pieces of broken glass. It takes me a minute to remember that my father threw a vase at me last night after he whipped my back because I forgot that he didn't want his room cleaned yesterday.

     I pull the pieces of glass out flinching a little with each piece, a few drops of blood trickle from the cut but I shrug it off, knowing there is not much I can do, and get up. I make my way downstairs after I change my clothes. Once I reach the kitchen I start with cleaning all of the counters before I start on breakfast.

     As I am putting the last pancake on the plate for the Alpha, also known as my father, I hear my brother come in the future alpha of this pack. "Sup' mutt. Breakfast done?" I nod my head. He slaps me across the face. I gulp to hold in my tears. It's not so much that it hurt physically but it hurt emotionally. He is supposed to be my big brother, my protector, but that all changed. He used to protect me from dad, then one day he came home and he acts as if he is embarrassed to be related to me. "Father the mutt isn't talking to me." He says when he sees my father walk in.

      "Good, her voice sounds terrible. I'm glad that I haven't heard it in eight years." He grabs his plate from my hands and kicks my legs causing me to fall onto the ground with a loud thump and my father walks out of the room laughing. I have no choice but to get up and continue with my daily routine. 

     A bit later I am in the living room of the pack house trying to figure out what is wrong with the vacuum, so I am sitting on the ground looking at the bottom of it confused. I hear the front door open, and I flinch knowing that is the other teenagers coming home from school, which is never good news. 

     Jennifer and Mike are the first ones to walk into the room. Jennifer sees me and smirks and starts walking, as she passes me she kicks me.  "Oops, I didn't see you there." Her kick is hard, seeing as she's the strongest female warrior and all. "Wait, no. I did it's just that you were in my way. Mike, please move her out of my walking path." Mike comes up to me and grabs me by the hair and throws me at the nearest wall. After that, they walk away to the game room where every teenager usually hangs out.

     Once they are gone, I get up rubbing my head with my hand. When I take my hand back I see that there is blood on it. I wipe my hand on my leggings and get back to what I was doing before.
*

*

*

A/N: Hey guys this is a short chapter so that you kinda get what is happening. I hope you like it so far and choose to continue on reading. 

Bye!!!