(1)

Song Above: New Freezer Kendrick Lamar

If you like this story then please check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING! It needs all the love it can get!

I hope you enjoy xx

The alarm went off like a siren delivered from hell. I opened my eyes, one by one and slammed a hand across my phone. It took a shameful number of attempts to turn off the song and I let out a groan as I laid back in bed revaluating my life. I tried to think of countless excuses as to why I did not need to go to school.

My house was on fire? No, I lived in a small town and gossip travelled like bushfires. Everyone and their Grandma would know if my house was on fire.

I was sick? I had used that excuse recently and there were only so many times I could have the flu before virus control came knocking at my door.

I flung myself up in a frustrated huff of breath when I realised, I did, in fact, have to go to school today and could not come up with a plausible excuse. I would have to endure another day in satans lair. I just begged that this day would go quickly.

Tick. Tock. Tick.Tock.

It was only five minutes into the lesson, and the clock on the wall had already started its taunts.

I had forty-five minutes of agonising literature torture to go through before I was free for lunch.

My stomach growled at the mention of food, which only added to the anguish I felt.

I dreamt of tacos, burgers, fries, onion rings and more.

44 minutes to go.

Lord help me.

"Today class we are going to be looking at an extract from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet," Miss Williams beamed despite the fact no one in the class was even close to her level of excitement.

She waved her copy of the play in the air as if it were one of her most prized possessions.

From the creases and curved shape of the book you could tell she had put it to good use. If only I could say the same for the class, which had a chorus of groans and signs at the mention of the subject.

No offence but no one really gave two craps about Shakespeare. Well except for Georgia Owen, who was practically drooling over the image of the old, bald, fat man in tights.

I shivered at the thought of what she must have got up to with that book when she is alone.

Delete image now. Delete image now.

Just as I managed to erase the disturbing thoughts, the sound of the door swinging open dramatically caused most of the heads in the room to turn towards it. I didn't even flinch.

Without even having to look, I instantly knew who had decided to enter the class twenty minutes late as if the rules didn't apply to them. It was a routine they had yet to break. After all, they enjoyed the attention too much.

"Mr Jackson, so glad you could embrace us with your presence," Miss Wilson bristled, her hand clutching onto her book tighter than before. I was surprised and disappointed that she hadn't launched it at his head.