A Storm Of Confusion.

I told you I wouldn't keep you in suspense for TOO long. :)

~

Butterflies swarmed my stomach and nervousness crept up my sides, leaving a tingly path of anticipation, and fear.

The wooden door creaked open slowly, it seemed like it took years until it revealed a face.

A face of a older man.

Immediately, disappointment flooded through me like a river.

It's not him..

I didn't know who I was hoping for, but I knew it surely wasn't this old man.

"Alpha, it's nice to see you." Ethan said, and let go of my arm to bow to him. I rolled my eyes.

If it's one thing I hated more then sexist werewolf pigs, which, trust me, I hate a lot,

Was being the Alpha's bitches. Maybe that's why I never obeyed my father. Because I didn't want to be controlled. I wanted to do what I wanted to do.

But that didn't end well, did it? I mean, I did end up killing my own family. So, no, it didn't.

"Hello, Ethan," He said flatly, and his eyes were glued to the computer screen as he moved the mouse, not taking a moment to look up.

I guess the Royal Jackass thought I wasn't good enough to be in his presence.  

"Like we said, we found-"

Ethan was cut off.

"Ethan, I told you to-"

His head snapped up, and his eyes widened at my face.

I was taken back when the chair was pushed back roughly, making a loud bang and he hurried to see me up closer.

He stepped in front of me, eyes glazed over with a sheet of what looked to be water. Was he going to cry? Was I that ugly?

His hands reached for my face, and he brushed his hand to my cheek.

The once warm cheek had been frozen over with a cold patch of where his hand had once touched.

I flinched away, not liking the feel of his ice cold fingers.

His eyes showed pained, regret, and I could only imagine what he was feeling. His head caved into his hands, and he sobbed.

Words pressed up my throat, but I swallowed them down. I didn't know what to say. Or what I was feeling.

"Avery, is that you? What did you do to your hair?" He touched one of my brown curls with dark blue strips, and looked into my eyes.

Confusion poured down on me like a hard set storm.

What was he talking about? Who the hell was Avery?

Hair raised on the back of my neck at the name. It felt like sand paper on my tongue as I tried to say it out loud. But I couldn't.

The room was thick of smog, tension circled around all of us. And hovered above me. I was more then uncomfortable. I was out of place.

His fist pounded down on the desk, and his sadness had washed away and a old friend of mine, anger, had took it's place.

"How could you leave me? After all these years you come back to me? I bet he got rid of your ass, didn't he?!"

"I..I'm not..her." I stumbled over my words, and looked away from his gaze. I could hear his loud heart beat, the one that thudded like a horse's heart and pounded against his chest, threatening to burst out.