Chapter 12

The Millennium Falcon rested beyond the stolen Imperial shuttle, which looked anomalous among all the Rebel ships in the vast docking bay. Chewie barked a final farewell to Lando and lead Artoo and Threepio up the shuttle, crowded now with the Rebel strike team loading weapons and supplies. Lando turned to face Han. Luke and Leia had said their good-byes and started up the ramp, Anakin trailing behind them almost protectively.

Han sighed as he caught Lando nervously eyeing the Falcon. "Look. I want you to take her. I mean it. Take her. You need all the help you can get. She's the fastest ship in the fleet."

Lando perked up, a smile on his face. "All right, old buddy. You know, I know what she means to you. I'll take good care of her. She-she won't get a scratch. All right?"

Han raised an eyebrow. "Right. I got your promise now. Not a scratch."

"Look, would you get going, you pirate." Lando said with a laugh, shoving Han playfully.

The friends paused and chuckled, exchanging salutes.

"Good luck." Lando said.

"You too." Han said, patting his friend on the shoulder before moving up the ramp. Lando watched him go and then slowly turned away.

Luke and Anakin were silently working on a back control panel as Han came in and took the pilot's seat. Chewie, in the seat next to him, was trying to figure out all the Imperial controls.

"You got her warmed yet Luke?" Han asked over his shoulder.

"Yeah, she's comin' up." Luke said.

Chewie suddenly growled a complaint.

Han chuckled. "No. I don't think the Empire had Wookiees in mind when they designed her, Chewie."

Leia came in from the hold, looking at Anakin for a second before she took her seat near Luke. Han raised an eyebrow, catching how Leia seemed to be looking at Anakin a lot recently.

Great...first Luke, now this guy. What did a guy have to do to get a princess's attention?

Chewie barked and hit some switches. Han's glance suddenly fell on something out the viewport: the Millennium Falcon. Leia nudged him gently, concerned.

"Hey, are you awake?" She asked with a smile.

Anakin observed them with a scowl.

"Yeah, I just got a funny feeling. Like I'm not gonna see her again." Han drifted off, wondering why he felt so nervous.

Chewie, hearing this, stopped his activity and looked longingly out at the Falcon as well. Leia put a hand on Han's shoulder.

"Come on General, let's move." Leia said.

Anakin noticed how close they were getting, and his frown deepened. He cleared his throat rather loudly, catching the attention of everyone on the ship.

"Problem, Jedi?" Han asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh nothing." Anakin said tightly. Luke sent Anakin a confused look. Why was the man so strange?

Han rolled his eyes and put his focus back on the controls. "Right. Well Chewie, let's see what this piece of junk can do. Ready everybody?"

"All set." Luke said.

"Here we go again." Threepio said dreadfully. Anakin looked back at the golden protocol droid, almost forgetting that he and Artoo were on board.

"All right, hang on." Han said, slowly lifting the ship off the ground and into the air. The ship slowly left the main docking bay of the Headquarters Frigate, lowering its wings into flight position, and zooming off into space.