A Forgotten Friend | I have a Boyfriend?

'My heart stops when you look at me.'

A Forgotten Friend | I have a Boyfriend?

I had an hour to dress up for the party and I utilised it quite efficiently. I first washed my face, applied mascara, a little bit of eye shadow and some lip gloss. I am not a big fan of make-up but today, I had to look good for Edward.

Maybe, he would see me in this way and realise what he is missing out.

Keep on dreaming, Rach.

I then slipped into my white lace dress. It reached just a few inches above my knees and had beads around it's neckline, it hugged my curves perfectly. I had wasted hours to find this perfect dress and made sure not to show it to Edward. The hours of shopping was totally worth it.

I teamed it up with my only pair of red heels and was ready for the night. My attire was simple yet elegant. I let my hair loose and my natural curls cascaded around my shoulder. I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time before heading downstairs. Even though, I wasn't sure how I looked, I felt pretty.

On reaching the living room, I saw my Mom and Dad busy checking all the arrangements. My Mom was looking gorgeous as ever in her royal blue dress and so was my dad, wearing his black suit. Both of my parents were extremely good-looking but sadly, I didn't inherit those genes.

"Oh, dear! You look beautiful. Is this because of your friend... What was his name.... Ah, yes! Eric! Is this because of Eric?" asked my mother.

"Of course not, Mom."

So close yet so far. There was no doubt that I was dressed up for someone, but not for Eric. I was all dressed up for Edward.

The doorbell rang indicating the arrival of the guests. My dad paced towards the main door to welcome them. Two families, the Hunt's and the Reamon's entered. We escorted them towards the living room and served them drinks. The doorbell rang again and this time I opened the door since my parents were busy attending the guests.

As I opened the door, I saw the Knight's family beaming at me. All of them, especially Edward, were looking so good. Mrs. Knight was wearing a red dress and her dirty blonde hair were tied in a neat bun, she looked young and beautiful as always. Edward's dad was wearing a suit and looked like an elder version of Edward. Ashley was wearing a cute purple dress which very well complimented her blonde hair. Lastly, Edward was looking like a Greek God in his White button down shirt and black trousers. His brown hair were gelled backwards and suited him very well. I felt quite plain in front of the Knight family.

"Hello, Rachel! You look beautiful!" exclaimed Mrs. Knight as she gave me a hug.

I returned the hug and said,"Hello! So do you, Mrs. Knight."

I then greeted both Ashley and Uncle David, Edward's dad, with a hug and ushered them to go inside. The whole time, I could feel Edward's gaze on me that made me feel nervous. When I finally turned to face Edward, I saw him staring at me, wide-eyed.

"Hey, Ed! Come in." I said with a nervous smile.

"Hi. You look... stunning, Rach." he finally said. I could feel the heat rising up my throat. I looked down to hide the blush and said, "Thanks."

As we turned to walk inside, the doorbell rung again. I told Edward to wait for me inside and then opened the door. This time it was Eric. He was looking quite good in his black shirt and dark blue jeans, but not as good as Edward.

"Hey, Rachel!"

"Hi, I'm glad you made it." I said.

"Oh, I had to come."