14. Wandering

Easy, Easy...

I try to spin the doorknob of my house as gently as I can when..

Creak...

Why do doorknobs always have comedic timings?

I ask myself as I enter my house. It's past sunset and now I'm coming home. Dylan is probably still mad at me for before and I'm getting my usual guilty feeling. I am not even allowed to go out after sunset without calling Ms Bragge or Dylan.

Well, you didn't have to say all that. Sure, he's ignored you but he also lost his parents and sister like you did.

Shut up! He deserved that after ignoring you all these years.

Great, my angel and devil sides are fighting again.

"Lindsey?"

I almost trip on my way to the stairs and Ms Bragge makes her big entry.

"Yes, Ms Bragge?"

She only nods and when I try to make an escape, she says,
"You do know you hurt brother today, do you?"
I remain silent for a few seconds before asking,
"Where is he now?"

"He told me to not bother him after you left and I think you shouldn't too."

After hearing her words, I run to my room before she starts lecturing me again.

What an exciting night!

"Lindsey!" Allison screams as soon as she sees me exiting my classroom right after first period

"Okay, okay! Geez, woman!"
I can never get used to her hugs.

"Oh, right, sorry. What was it you wanted to talk to Ethan and me?"

I had texted her earlier this morning about what happened yesterday. But being the lazy texter I am, I wasn't able to write a long message. Just:

I need to talk to you and Ethan 'bout the diary. TTYL.

"Hey, Lindsey! C'mon tell us about what happened."

I sigh, telling them everything from A-Z, excluding my fight with Dylan.

"Sorry, but why were you in a cemtery?" Allison asks me, a little worried.

There are some things in life that you do not want to talk about and my family was, no is, a sensitive issue towards me.

"Well..."

And that's when folks, the great and mighty bell rings. I can not help but remember the phrase that has now become a sort of a clichè.

Saved by the bell!

"I have to go. Catch you later, guys!" I shout back at me as I make my way to my next class.

"Wait, Lindsey! Where'd we meet you?"

Ethan shouts from across the corridor.

"At my house. At 4.00!"

Wow, aren't I running like my life depends on it?

My running, as I see, has only succeeded me in getting my favourite seat in history class, at the front.

Hm, I know...

Mostly students hate the front seats but I just like them. I get an extra excuse for not talking in class because of the teacher being right infront of me.

You ran away, but you still have to see them in English and chemistry class.

The voice inside my head suddenly takes me back to reality.

This is going to be a long day.

I am stuck wandering around my own house while I wait for my

I am stuck wandering around my own house while I wait for my.... friends. These days, my
body is usually wandering around in my house and my thoughts, in my head.

They say that not all those wander are lost, I don't know whether I'm  wandering or just lost.

You admit they're your friends? Wow, so fast.

Lately, my inner voice has been very sarcastic.

"Ding dong! Ding dong!"

Wait, that's not my doorbell.

Before I can say anything else, the familiar blonde and redhead barge into the corridor while our favourite blonde makes door bell sounds.

"Hey, come on! Let's investigate!"

"Allison...." Ethan warns her.

"Hey! That's why we're here!" She folds her arms against her chest and pouts.

"What's all the commotion here?"

I turn around to see a tired Dylan in a white formal shirt and trousers, standing at the doorframe. Ethan, Allison and I are still in the corridor.

Peachy. Just peachy!

"They're just here for a project," I say, trying to cut the tension.

"O... kay.... sorry, but isn't that the journal from the attic in your hand?"

"Yes..."

Before I can say anything else, an eye blinding light comes from the journal.

"Ah, Lindsey? What's going on..." Allison asks, a bit afraid of the answer.

But as I try to answer, we all get sucked into the journal.

Whoa, cliffhanger kind of chapter.

Sorry for late updating guys. I was really busy. My mid-terms start in 2 weeks.(I have warned you).

Thanks for making TGD's reads upto 154. I truely appreciate your support.

Avoid weird typos.

Love,
MS Zame:D