Chapter Thirty-Four

Thank you to allthatglitter for the awesome cover!

The cold wind picked up.

I didn't notice.

Scott's arms were around my waist as my head was buried on his chest. His thumb was drawing soothing circles on my back. We were both lost in deep thought.

I don't know how much time we stayed like that.

My eyes were open as I thought about what Scott had told me earlier. My grip on him tightened as I looked upon the mausoleum that was behind us. I couldn't help but think how the paparazzi gave you this one perspective when reality was completely different.

I had been so wrong about him. I always had this image of royals around the world, where they lived too comfortably, pretty much enjoying spending the people's money. Traveling around in elegant yachts, bathing in the sun in the most expensive bikinis, just enjoying being themselves.

Don't take me wrong, I still believed they did have it easy on the economic department, but I never imagined if it was hard living on the spotlight every single moment of your life. It must have been hard to live by knowing that you mother killed herself. But it must have been harder to pretend that it didn't happen. Especially when literally the whole world has their eyes on you.

Sadness engulfed me as I remembered his sad eyes...Scott truly loved his Mom. The way he was looking at her at the picture I saw a few weeks ago showed how much love and admiration he felt for her. Showing me this must have been hard for him, especially since he wasn't one to show his emotions to many people.

I must consider myself privileged, then...

No matter what happened in my life, the thought of having someone close to you commit suicide was unbearable to me...

Slowly, Scott warmness left me as he pulled away and grabbed my hand. My eyes searched his and I was relieved that they had returned to their usual intenseness. Scott smiled at me reassuringly as he led the way to our previous path.

We passed the graveyard's Iron Gate and slowly walked on the same path we had followed earlier. Absentmindedly, I scratched the top of my head, trying not to ruin the hat thing.

As we passed the fountain that I had been hiding at, I smiled at the sight of numerous roses we passed along the way. The whole scene seemed out of Alice in Wonderland. I mentally snorted at that.

"What?"

Huh.

Did I snort out loud?

Figures.

I shook my head smiling, as small prickles played on the top of my head. Frowning, I scratched at the most unbearable spot.

Meaning that my whole head was itching.

"Emily?" you could hear Scott smiling.

"Just a stupid though" I trailed as I kept scratching my head discreetly. I hoped at least.