Beyond the Limits

"And if there is any reason why you're going to lose, it's just that you've made her angry now. You made Tamaki angry. That's all." - Aomine Daiki

* * * *

"The game between Seirin and Kirisaki Dai Ichi will now begin!"

"It's finally beginning." Kise muttered, keeping his eyes on the court even as the starting players of both Seirin and Kirisaki Dai Ichi begun the before match greeting. Even for someone as oblivious as the blonde, he could easily tell that all of Seirin seems extremely high strung for some reason, particularly the captain.

"The winner advances to the Winter Cup." Akashi stated. "It's the decisive game."

Momoi Satsuki looked at Tamaki worriedly from her place next to Aomine, her hands clasped together tightly. 'Tamaki-chan... Be careful.'

* * * *

Seirin was quick to gain first possession of the ball, and were quick to launch into their trademark run-and-gun style as they ran down the court, with Kirisaki Dai Ichi struggling to keep up with their speed.

Hanamiya Makoto was taken aback as Izuki Shun passed the ball quickly towards Tamaki as a Kirisaki Dai Ichi player came up from behind the Eagle Eye player.

'This is...'

The eyes of Kise, Satsuki and even Midorima who had just turned up, huffing and puffing like he's about to die—widened in shock and realisation.

'Could it be?' Satsuki had a feeling what Tamaki is going to attempt to do, but this early in the game? Even during the match against Shutoku, she didn't pull it out until the third quarter.

Aomine who hadn't seen the Shutoku match but had heard Satsuki's babbling about Tamaki's new skill was surprised. Despite the teal haired girl being his girlfriend, both teens never spoke about 'team secrets' and special moves or whatnot to each other. They are still professionals on the court, and had loyalty to their own individual teams.

'Tamaki has the ball?' Aomine thought, bewildered.

"She's breaking it out already!" Kise said, excited, and his former teammates all looked at him like he's insane. "The Vanishing Drive!"

Down on the court, Tamaki who is being guarded by Yamazaki Hiroshi did not even so much as blink an eye even as she moved to put her Vanishing Drive in action.

'A person can't just disappear. There must be some trick to it!' Yamazaki thought to himself furiously. "You're not going anywhere!"

"Care to try me?" A cold voice was all that he heard before a slight draft of wind passed him, and before Yamazaki even knew what is going on, Kuroko Tamaki is already behind him, moving down the court with the ball.

A Kirisaki Dai Ichi player was quick to block Tamaki, but she dodged him easily, and shot the ball towards the net where Kiyoshi was waiting for it. And without further ado, the Center then slammed the ball into the net.

"An alley-oop!" Moriyama gasped. Next to him, Hayakawa was speechless for the first time in his life, having seen a move executed that he had never believed to be possible.

"All right!" Koganei cheered from Seirin's bench, his excitement infecting the rest of Seirin players who were also on the bench. "We scored first!"

"So this is her new technique..." Aomine mused, impressed beyond himself. 'Only her. Only she has the guts and capability to create a technique like that and pull it off successfully.'