It Hurts

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ LOVE HAPPENS, DO THAT BEFORE READING THIS STORY! THIS IS THE SEQUEL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - It Hurts

1 – It Hurts

It hurt so much. Seeing them together. I couldn’t stop crying, the tears just kept flowing freely from my eyes. I never wanted to admit it to anyone, but I loved him. I truly believed he was my one and only. At least I did until he began dating that slut. Lavender Brown, I couldn’t believe her. She had never shown any interest in him before, but now when he was so popular with everyone, she suddenly loved him, oh, so much. Stupid girl. Stupid boy. I hated them both!

         “Hermione, are you all right?” I turned around and quickly wiped my tears from my face. I didn’t want Harry to see me cry, sure he was my best friend but I didn’t want him to see me at my lowest.

         “Yes, I’m fine.” I sniffled as I tried to smile, hiding my pain. I just couldn’t believe it; I couldn’t believe he was with her. It hurt so much. Whenever I saw them with each other my heart was broken into even more pieces. Why did it hurt so much? Why couldn’t I just make the pain go away?

         “You know you don’t have to hide from me, right? Hermione, I’m here for you. I will always be here for you.” He said and without hesitation he pulled me in for a hug. He held me close for a while, and then I couldn’t hold back the tears. Once again they began flowing freely from my eyes.

         “Harry, I never knew it hurt so much. I’m so sorry you have to go through this with Ginny, I’m so sorry I haven’t been there to support you. Harry . . . what can I do to make it go away? Why does it hurt so much?” I cried. I never even knew how much I loved him, I thought it was just some stupid crush; I’ve had them before. Viktor was an example of this. Crushes are harmless, but this was more. I loved him. Oh God, why did it hurt so much?

         “Yes, it hurts this much with Ginny. I am so jealous you have no idea. It pains me to see her with other guys. As for what to do to make it go away, I’m not sure. I haven’t found the cure yet.”

         “When did you know?” I sniffled and looked up at Harry, he was smiling sadly at me, “When did you know you loved her?” I continued. He chuckled as he squeezed me one more time before letting go.

         “The second I heard about her and Dean. The jealousy ate me up.”

         “You never showed any sign of it.” I whispered, I wish I could just hide my feelings like he did.

         “Trust me, the first couple of times I saw them together I felt like breaking down. But I got used to it, sure it still hurts but now it’s not as bad.” He said, “Come on. Wipe your tears away and lets go get something to eat. Dinner is ready, ignore the two of them if they even bother showing up.”

         “Harry, you’re not helping!” I cried, but eventually I pulled myself together. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes.

         “Cheer up Hermione. Everything will be all right again.” Harry took my hand and gave it a squeeze, “I promise.” I smiled at him and for the first time since I saw them together I felt like Harry’s words were true. Everything would be all right.

         “Well, well, well . . . what’s this? Potter and Granger together! I never thought this would happen, I thought you had an eye out for Weaselbee, Granger! But now when he’s taken, I guess you go with the second choice?”