S I X

"The younger brother desired to meet the princess again,
and thus snuck out every night to see her,
ignoring the fact that he was breaking the rules."

・ ・ ・

I made a friend.

Storm lay on his bed, contemplating. The dim, yellow light of his table lamp cast shadows around the room, and he stared at them. He raised his hand, and saw its shadow on the wall opposite him.

It'd been a week since their outing, yet he couldn't stop thinking about that day.

I made a friend.

Tesarah Starrod.

He could remember her features vividly, as if he had just seen her the day before. Her face smudged with dirt, dress soiled and ragged, shoes worn out. And yet, she was dainty, petite, beautiful.

Graceful, with the elegance of a swan.

Ravishing.

"I made a friend," he whispered to himself.

My first friend.

He could remember how pure her hair had been. The colour of the purest snow.

And her eyes.

They were the most brilliant turquoise he'd ever seen. It was like staring into the depths of the ocean when he gazed at her.

He wondered why he was thinking about her so much.

And why the roller coaster from before had returned to his stomach to torment him with its gut-wrenching loops.

His parents had been happy for him, but Xenor hadn't believed him when he had said that he'd made a friend. That was to be expected, really, considering his brother had told him before the outing that he could not make any friends.

But Storm did, and his first friend was the most gorgeous girl he'd ever seen.

Great Guardian Spirit, I'm going mad.

He covered his face with his hands, groaning, as his thoughts rampaged in his mind, nearly untameable.

He wanted to go out of the Palace again.

He wanted to see Argon's beauty again.

He wanted to see Tesarah again.

The desire was almost unbearable.

Sighing, Storm turned, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. It didn't help that he wasn't tired at all.

I need to sleep. Silix is giving us a test tomorrow, he reminded himself, and closed his eyes.

Yet, in his mind, he could only see the sights of Argon, and Tesarah's smiling face.

I want to be free.

Storm threw back his covers and got out of bed, stuffing his feet into his bedroom slippers. He headed for the door, and cracked it open, peering around to see if there were any guards around the corner.