CHAPTER THREE

At the sound of Nixie's screams, Henry dropped everything he was doing, grabbed his wand and ran upstairs to see if his daughter was alright. Bean seemed to have a similar idea as he raced up the stairs as well. Before Henry could call out to her, Nixie came barrelling out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her body, and her wet hair plastered to the sides of her face. Her body was shaking as she was pointing in the direction of the bathroom, leaving Henry to investigate. But as he cautiously peered in, he didn't see anything besides a large amount of water on the floor and a filled bathtub. When he turned back to Nixie, he could see the fear prominent on her face.

"Nixie, what happened?" he asked her, still keeping his wand raised defensively. "You have to tell me what happened so I can help you. Are you alright? Did you get hurt?"

For a moment or so, Nixie didn't say anything to him but eventually, her eyes travelled down to her bare legs before she peered up at him.

"I...I was in the tub...I was in the tub. And I closed my eyes and when I opened them...when I opened them I had...I had a tail!"

Her voice only grew louder as she continued to explain that she had sprouted a fish-like tail, one that was covered in orange scales. She thought she had been dreaming but she knew she had been wide awake. Unsure of what she was supposed to do, she pulled herself out of the tub and made her way to the floor. It was only then, did the tail disappear and she found herself back with her usual legs. And while Nixie wallowed in a state of panic, Henry had yet to respond as he simply stared at the puddle on the bathroom floor.

"Dad, didn't you hear a word I said?" Nixie reached out one hand to tug his sleeve. "Dad, I had a tail! I'm not lying, I swear, I- "

"I know you're not lying, sweetheart," Henry said finally, "I know."

"So why aren't you screaming like me?! Why aren't you panicking?! Why- "

"Nixie," he spoke her name softly as he placed his hand on her shoulder to get her to stop yelling, "I need you to go to your room and get dressed. Once you're dressed, I need you to come downstairs. There's a lot we need to discuss."

She opened her mouth to protest but Henry left her with very little choice as he cleaned the water on the floor with a wave of his wand before he headed back down the stairs. His steps were slow and even when she tried calling after him, he didn't respond.

Although his movements were slow, Henry could feel his heart racing in his chest as blood pounded in his ears. There he was, trying to make a nice dinner, so he could sit down with Nixie and calmly explain everything he could about her seavish lineage. Already his plans had been altered as his fellow co-workers had decided to ruin his child's experience of receiving her Hogwarts Acceptance Letter and expose Nixie as a half-breed. She hadn't said anything about it though and Amelia said from what she had overheard that no specifics had been mentioned. So, it was very well that Nixie might have suspected that it was Remus who was the half-breed and not herself.