Chapter 22: Lost Without Her

John's POV

I slammed my father's office door open.

"John!" He yelled at me. "You need to calm down."

"I need to talk to you" I growled angrily back at him, as I stalked into the room, not stopping until I was right in front of his desk. Towering over him, while he sat.

"Sit down first." He said calmly

"No."

"I'm not asking you, sit down" His jaw ticked, he was loosing patience with me, but I didn't care.

Suddenly he slammed his hands on the dask, stood up and roared in my face, "I AM YOUR FATHER AND YOUR ALPHA, YOU WILL SIT DOWN!"

"IT'S BEEN FOUR MONTHS!" I yelled right back, "YOU'VE DONE NOTHING!" I slammed my hands down on the table, hard. "NOTHING! I NEED HER BACK!" The anger fled from me, as those last words fell from my lips, and I dropped into the chair. Placing me head in my hands "I need her back." My voice broke at the thought of not seeing her again.

"This anger that I feel won't leave me until I know she is safe, and she is not safe if she is not with me." I looked up into my fathers eyes wanting him to see my desperation, to feel what I feel, "let me go look for her, I am of no use to anyone here. I can't take the crown until she is by my side, and the people you have sent to look, still don't know which direction she could be in."

My father slowly sat back down, and started to massage his temples, "Who will you go with" he asked wearily

I stood up straighter, "Four men of my choosing"

"Where will you go"

"To different packs, and ask them if they have any rogue colonies, or groups nearby, and this will be a great way to form alliances"

My father looked at me with surprise and question in his eyes. "We already have made alliances"

"No, you have made them, not me. No one has plead their allegiance to me yet, but when they do, I want it to be because I deserve it, not because it is a tradition."

"Okay son, you can go, but you have only eight months to find her, after that you must come back, do you understand?"

"Yes, Father" I got up from the chair and made my way to the door, just before I opened it, my father spoke up.

"Son"

I turned back to look at him

"Keep in mind that she will not be the same Claire that you knew, being held captive changes a person"

"I know"

"And son?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm proud of you, go find her"

I nodded and then walked out the door.

A/N

Hey readers, so im going to try and write more of John's P.O.V now and hopefully it all still works out.

I hope you like the story, please vote and comment!