The Real Indiana Jones

In the previous times Parker had been unconscious after an injury, someone was always by her side when she woke. That specific time wasn't any different. She felt a hand in her own, and she could tell by the way his fingers fit into her own that it was Barry. 

Following the trend, Parker croaked out: "Am I.."

Barry let out a chuckle of relief. He scooted closer, without touching her, in absolute fear of harming her fragile body. He bit on his lip to keep it from quivering, he blinked rapidly to rid the water from his eyes.

"No, baby, you're not dead," he whispered, his voice cracking near the end.

Parker wanted to sympathize with him, but she hadn't understood what he was about to cry over. Directly after she woke, the single thing she knew was that she was completely numb in her upper left thigh, and there was a slight tingle in her left bicep.

Barry wiped at his eyes with his free hand. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just.." he stopped talking when Parker closed her eyes, nuzzling her head back into her pillow. "Park? Are you okay?"

"I'm listening," Parker drawled, keeping her eyes closed.

"Can you open your eyes for me?" Barry whispered. He had gone hours without a single movement from her, he wanted to see her awake for the sake of her sanity.

It was a while before Parker replied. She was tired, for one thing, but also incredibly confused. Quietly, slowly, she said, "The room is spinning."

"Barry?" Cisco said loudly.

Barry spun around and held his finger against his mouth, for he had seen Parker wince at the loud voice. It broke his heart to see her in such sensitivity.

"Hey!" Cisco whispered happily. He ran to Parker, a smile on his lips. "Welcome back to the land of the living, kid."

Parker, eyes still closed, managed a smile. "Hi, Cisco."

"You feeling loopy?" he asked. "We drugged you up, dude. You're probably over the moon right now."

"It's wearing off," Parker said. Raising her voice meant slurring her words.

"Can you comprehend our words?" Caitlin asked after she entered.

"If you talk slow," Parker agreed.

Satisfied with that answer, Caitlin started reminding Parker of the events that occurred. "You were fighting Gideon, when she pulled out a gun. You started to run away, and the distance caused her to miss the first shot. The first bullet grazed your shoulder."

"Hallelujah," Parker mumbled into the pillow.

"And the other went directly into your upper thigh. However, it didn't go straight through, so I had to dig it out."

"It was disgusting," Cisco chimed. Judging from the quiet squeak of pain, Parker figured Caitlin had hit him.

"It hit a branch of your femeral artery, which caused massive amounts of bleeding," Caitlin continued. "I.. I, um.. did what I could.."

Parker raised her thumb in where she assumed Caitlin was standing. "I trust ya, Cait. I'm sure you patched me up well."

"You're lucky Barry tackled her when he did," Cisco said. "Gideon was aiming for your head, originally."

"I feel like that would have hurt significantly more," Parker said.

Missing the sarcasm, Cisco said, "Uh, yeah, you would have died."

"Is Barry frowning?" Parker wondered. She wiggled her hand out of his, and reached out to his face, running his finger over his pouted lips. "Stop moping."