Chapter 48

Clayton's POV

"So, let me get this straight. There were two packs made of only males to begin with; the evil pack was the ViscousAsh and the good pack was this pack. There was a war and then the moon goddess rewarded the good pack the first ever female werewolf, which was mated to the good Alpha-"

Athena cuts Rose off, "The 'good' Alpha's name is Marcellus and the first female werewolf was named Raelynn."

Rose nods and continues, "So alpha Marcellus and Luna Raelynn had a daughter, which was the first ever full blooded werewolf, and after awhile Alpha Elis attacked their daughter, but ended up kidnapping and killing Luna Raelynn?"

Athena nods and looks out the large window in my office.

"If that is where my family line comes from, than shouldn't I have been Alpha to this pack? Does that make Clayton and I related?" Rose asks Athena.

Athena laughs, "No, eventually Alpha Marcellus died from the loss of his mate and his beta named Amory, which Clayton's family line comes from, became the new Alpha. My great grandmother then started to create a mate for everyone, so there wouldn't be any jealousy like that again."

Rose and I try to take that in before I ask,
"Does Rose being related to the first pure werewolf make her a target?"

I sure hope it doesn't, I don't want her to get hurt.

Athena says, "Actually, only the moon goddess family knows that, and as long as you keep it a secret nobody should go after her."

I smile and look over at Rose. I feel stupid for having no interest in her dream, I really need to get my shit together in order to be a better mate.

I look back at Athena as she says, "Well, it was nice meeting you and visiting your pack, but I need to get going to the WestMoon Pack."

"It was nice meeting you too, Athena." I smile and Rose adds on, "And be careful, don't need anyone going after you either."

Athena smiles at both of us and heads out.

I punch the hard punching bag as I smile to myself; I bought Rose a dress so we can go on a date later. I feel like Rose and I just need some time alone for once.

I stop punching my punching bag when I smell Drake.

I look over at him as he walks in the training center, but when he sees me he turns to walk back out. I stop him by yelling, "Drake."

He turns around and faces me, "Alpha Clayton."

I sigh and start walking over towards him — I'm not going to fight him, I know Rose wouldn't do anything with him, so I don't need to be rude.

"I.. Uh.. I want to apologize for my behavior." I tell him.

He stares at me, as if he doesn't believe any of those words, but he then says, "And I apologize for mine. I'm sorry I made it seem like I was after your mate," he pauses and takes a breath.

"I just didn't want to switch packs in the first place, so it made me angry and disrespectful to my new alpha. The only person here that accepted me in this pack was Rose — and she was the only one that could make me like getting switched." He tells me.

"Rose does have a welcoming sense to her." I smile as I say that.

"I can tell you Alpha Clayton, you've got a pretty wonderful mate." Drake tells me.