Chapter 7: Reality Is A Bitch

Chapter 7
Richard Neil Sky
Reality Is A Bitch

I couldn't think of anything else. The moon was shining bright above the sky, and the stars were twinkling brightly, and I wanted to reach for it. I wanted to run my fingers through them, to feel how warm they were. I remembered what Mrs. Puffer about the stars, about how big they were, about how beautiful they were, and somehow it made me believe that one day, I could touch them.

My eyes rolled back to the side, looking at the sleeping figure of Cade Felix Thompson. His chest was heaving up and down and his eyes were shut soft, lips slightly parted. He was so calm and peaceful, like he hadn't done anything bad at school, like he hadn't bullied anyone. But somewhat, I had this crazy thought that this person lying beside me was a different person. In a bad way. I hated to admit it but I liked him being a bitch and all. His body was sprawled as he faced the moon that was shining bright upon him.

Scooting a bit closer, which I didn't know why I did, my eyes flickered to his soft, full lips. I liked to touch it, to feel it once again in my fingers. I absentmindedly touch his jaw, running my fingers across his jawline until it reached his lips. It's how I always wanted to be; soft and perfect. I moved a little closer and leaned up. I didn't know why I had the crazy thought to kiss him, I just did. So I leaned up and placed my lips against his and just like always, there were butterflies fluttering wildly inside my stomach and I couldn't get enough. It was addicting. He was addicting.

My eyes opened and widened as I felt his lips moved against mine. Cade opened his beautiful eyes and stared at me and I knew I was lost again. He pushed himself up without breaking the kiss and moved on top of me, his arms caging me as he kissed me back passionately.

We just kissed. Cade and I just kissed without thinking anyone. It felt like the world was ours, with no one to bother us, with no one to tell us what to do, with no one to tell us to stop. My hands found its way to his soft hair and I gripped it, deepening the kiss as I pushed him down on me and everything became heavy. I could feel myself getting hot and bothered because of the intense kiss we were having.

Cade and I were having a kiss under a moon. And it was great.

Cade pulled away from the kiss and stared at me with eyes full of positive emotions. He placed his forehead against mine and our breathing was shallow and ragged. I wanted to kiss him again, to feel his lips once again. But I knew that we would be having a lot of kisses in the future.

However, I also had this odd feeling that everything would fall and crash sooner or later. I just had to prepare myself. If I could prepare myself.

+++

We were back on the school grounds and as expected, my friends bombarded me a lot of questions. Where was I yesterday? What did I do yesterday? Why did I skip a class? Why did I not text them? Why was Cade also missing?

The news had spread. Mom and Dad were also furious that I had skipped a class. I just told them that I was miserable yesterday and that I needed some time to think and compose myself, which they believed. They tried to ask me what was wrong but did not push as they felt that I wasn't going to answer their questions. The whole day, I was thinking of the kiss. The whole day, I was thinking of Cade. He was invading my mind like an alien trying to take over the world. He was constantly on my mind and it was frustrating me.

Cade had gone back to his old self, which was the bully. When I saw him, walking on the hallway, when we passed each other, he didn't even give me a glance. It hurt me. Really. So we just passed each other, like nothing happened yesterday.

I did not bother to talk to him, or even approach him. He would just make fun of me. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he told his friends that we kissed and told me I was gay or something, that he was just making fun of me, or messing up with my feelings.

My friends and I were in the cafeteria, listening to Backstreet Boys songs. Tesla had brought an old album and ever since, we had been playing the songs. Topher McCrawford, our classmate in Eng Lit class, was with us today. He was the open bisexual of the school. No one ever bullied him because of his looks. He was one of those 'I'm not straight but I have muscles' type of bisexuals, gays, or other sexual orientations.

Topher moved closer to me to inspect what I was writing on my Eng Lit notebook and I let him. We had an assignment, which I didn't know what to do since I was absent yesterday. He chuckled as he saw me struggling and shrugged his shoulders. I gave him a rough push and glared at him playfully. Obviously, he was teasing me because I was not supposed to be ditching classes. I wasn't supposed to be skipping class. He said that I was turning into a bad boy because of... Cade.

My friends were confused as to why Cade was turning me into a bad boy. Topher had whispered something in my ear, telling me that Cade was so into me. That, I blushed. He told me that he had this so called 'gaydar' and it was working fine and well. He even told me that I was turning... gay.

Topher and his friends had been watching Cade and I's bitter encounters. He told me that Cade and I looked good together. I, of course, listened to him rant about guys being supposedly straight dudes. He began to tell me that guys liked to hide inside the closet because the world there was dark and nobody would watch every move. I wasn't in the closet, was I?

I told Topher that Cade didn't like me and he was straight as hell. He insisted that Cade was just hiding and that he needed someone to help him come out of the closet and I sure hell told him it wasn't me who was going to help him 'come out of the closet'. He just rolled his eyes to me.

"Someday, you'll regret not helping him. Someday, you'll cry over him." Topher had sworn as he pointed his index finger to Cade, which I slapped. Pointing at people was not good. Him and I were busy talking about Cade Felix Thompson. I didn't even know why we were talking about Cade in the first place.

"Hey, stop looking at Chad like he's a piece of meat," Thalia said as she wiggled her brows at Topher. Topher grinned at her.

"Can't help it, dear." He joined in, looking at me. I shuddered. "Richard Neil Sky is a fine, fine, fine rare piece of meat. Yummy." Everybody laughed at that and he leaned down, kissed my cheek and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Cade glaring at us. It made my heart beat faster again. I decided to play along.

"Oh, thank you, babe." I said, leaning down to run my nose against his and everyone burst out laughing. "You, too. You're sexy as hell and I can't wait to bed you tonight."

"Ohmigod!" Esther squealed, jumping up and down. Students whipped their heads to our direction and Maggy rolled her eyes but there was a smile playing on her lips. "Chad and Topher are going to have sex tonight!"

Students laughed at us and chanted about me and Topher having sex tonight and it made us blush. My eyes scanned the whole cafeteria and it landed to the eyes I had been wanting to see. Cade's. He was scowling at me and I swore he looked so cute and handsome. Even when he was scowling. Topher grinned and kissed my forehead and I pushed him softly, whacking his head. He grunted and pushed me back.

The bell rang, indicating that the lunch break was over. All of us stood up and shoved our things into our bags and headed to our respective classes. While in the hallway, Tesla bid good-bye to us and we waved good-bye at him. Carlo was the next one to take a different way as he had Music class while we had Physics. We fist-bumped and Carlo went to his room. I was left with Maggy, Thalia, Topher, George and the other members of the Peacekeeper. We all had the same classes.

"Cute," Topher whispered to me as he gazed straight into the person who was watching me. I looked up and found Cade leaning down on the locker as he gazed at me. His gaze was intense, and fire was basically burning into his eyes as he watched me. "Possessive bitch, I think." He chuckled. Maggy and the rest did not bother waiting for me as Cade approached me. With one last glance, Topher winked at me and brought his index to his lips, telling me that he knew whatever would happen, this would be a secret.

"We need to talk. Now." Cade said as he gave me a cold look.