Chapter 2: Conformation

“Your baby is now about the size of a blueberry; and about 10,000 times bigger than he was at conception. Most of that growth is concentrated in the head as new brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute. Your baby's mouth and tongue are forming as arm and leg buds sprout, and these little kidneys are getting ready to do their job.” The doctor told me as he pointed towards the sonogram machine.

Yep, you guessed right. I’m pregnant. 7 weeks and 3 days exact. The whole time he spoke to me about my baby I was just lying down on the bed nodding to whatever he was telling me. Even though I knew I was pregnant, I needed to have that closure and make sure I was positively pregnant.

And now that I was confirmed pregnant by my doctor, I know have to get used to the fact I have a little baby inside me. A baby that will depend on for everything. I still have yet to tell Adam.  Everything downed on me once I heart my baby’s heartbeat. It was hard to find, but we found it. The moment I heard his fast beating, I knew I couldn’t harm or give him up, even if Adam doesn’t want to be in his life. I will be anything and do anything for my baby.

“Of course you’re going to be tired, and its alright to feel that way — you’re still engaged in the Herculean task of manufacturing the placenta (your baby’s life-support system) as well as getting used to all those conflicting emotions you’re experiencing. One way to fight fatigue is by eating smaller meals more often. (It’ll help your queasy stomach, too). Eating six mini meals will keep your blood sugar on an even keel, and that in turn will help your energy level. Just make most of those mini meals healthy ones!” He finished off.

I smiled in response.

“Thank you for everything Mr. Boswell.”

“No problem. Just doing my job sweetie. Here is your prescription for the vitamins and I should be seeing you again when your 13 weeks. Is that good for you?”

I nod my head. “Yes.”

He handed me my things, said goodbye and left the room.

Tania is waiting outside in the waiting room. She wanted to come and be by my side but I just wanted to be alone for all this. She understood and hopefully she still is out there waiting for me because I have taken longer than I thought I would take. I grabbed my things and left the room with a semi smile on my face.

Once I got to the waiting room, I spotted Tania sitting down reading a magazine about babies. I went up to her, which made her look up at me.

“How it go?” She asked as she set the magazine down on the nearby table.

Instead of answering, I showed her my ultrasound picture of my little blueberry sized baby. Even though you really couldn’t see it, I still wanted a picture of him. It makes my pregnancy seem more really when I look at the picture.

Tania took the picture and smiled her hardest. “Awl, look how cute. He is so small.” After a few seconds of her looking, she handed me back the picture.

We headed out the doctor’s office and walked towards her black mustang. Once we were safely inside, we drove off, heading to my house.

“Are you happy about having this baby Court?” Tania asked, as her eyes were on the road.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m happy that the baby is healthy and I’m going to be a mom but I just wish I can share this feeling with my partner but I doubt that’s going to happen knowing that my baby’s dad is already married.” I said with a frown.

“Stop having your hopes low. Like I said yesterday, I know Adam enough to know he wouldn’t leave his child alone. I don’t know how he’s going to break the news to Cindy but right now we just have to worry about telling Adam, and we will let Adam do the telling Cindy part.”