Chapter 18

The remainder of my Sunday afternoon was pretty dull after I left the four of them at the picnic table. I headed back to my room as Ben came running back in and out of, asking me which socks looked better with his outfit for tomorrow. He was a complete mess and I just left the door unlocked so I wouldn't have to get up every five minutes.

While Ben was having a meltdown that only I had the privilege of experiencing, lucky me, I was also getting ready picking out my outfit. A long light purple dress was what I finally decided to pick out. I was working on picking out a pair of shoes to match with it when both Ben and Evie came barging in. This was about the tenth time in this hour that Ben has been in my room, so having Evie here as well was something fresh to see. Hopefully she wasn't coming to me with a problem because I'm really not in the mood for dealing with anyone but myself right now. I was already helping Ben with his crisis but add Evie onto that and no. I'm done.

"Ria, please tell me if this looks okay," Ben panted since he's been running back and forth for the past hour from his room to my room.

"It looks perfect Ben, get it off though before you get it all sweaty. Evie, what did you need?" I asked as I was in my closet looking for shoes.

"I figured you and Ben needed help but it looks like Ben's completely ready for tomorrow. What are you looking for? Shoes, accessories, a different dress? I can help with anything!" She offered as Ben said his goodbyes and rushed out of the room closing the door behind him. Dear god, who decided to make him king?

"Actually yes, Evie that would be great! I'm wearing the dress laid out on my bed that Delta better get her butt off of," I said walking over to Delta to move her off of my dress before she did something to mess it up. "If you could help pick out shoes that would be great! I'm ignorant when it comes to knowing a thing about fashion," I told her and she just smiled.

"That's alright, that's why you have me! I'll look for you," she stated as I remember that I actually had a finished drawing of her. Along with the one of Carlos and I was starting a sketch of Mal shortly after that.

"Thanks and this is for you," I told her handing her the drawing and her face lit up. "I haven't gotten around to the evil princess love story yet but don't worry I will," I remember that I promised that I would a few nights ago. Everything is just getting so hectic that I can't even remember what I promised people. It's a miracle that I'm not failing all my classes.

"This is beautiful and don't worry about the story. You and Carlos showed me that our parents statues don't define us. Thank you again for the picture!" She beamed as she went digging through my closet after placing the picture on my dresser. "Voila, the perfect shoes."

Evie placed the shoes on my bed next to my dress and they were perfect, there was no denying that. "Thanks Evie, these will work perfectly," I told her as she looked at the rest of my closet.

"No problem, I'm going to make you a dress in the next week or two, you know it make up for the drawing. Plus every girl needs a new dress every once in while," she stated as she wandered around my room and looked like she wanted to say something else but nothing was coming out.

"Are you okay? Like everything that happened at family day?" I asked and she shook her head no. At least I figured out what needed to be spoken about in one go.

"Do I look evil? Like if you didn't know me and I was just walking through the halls, would you think that I was wicked? Is it me?" She asked me her smile completely gone as we sat down on the edge of my bed. She looked to me waiting for my answer as if I had all the answers to her problems.

"Honestly no, to me you look like a girl that knows she's beautiful, has amazing fashion sense, and isn't afraid to show that she's smart as well. Evie, the only thing that even associates you with being a villain is your mother. Once people get past that, they'll see you for the beautiful princess that I see you as," I truthfully told her and I knew that the biggest issue that she wasn't addressing was about Doug.