30 | Blue (Part Two)

"It's okay." His whisper was vague in my ears. I could barely open my eyes as I felt the throbbing pain in my head.

I part my lips as I try to speak, "Calum.." I could feel my body temperature, I was burning. I was sweating.

"Ssh. It's okay." I felt his strong arm supporting my shoulders and the other arm under my knee.

He was carrying me.

"The open wound on your finger is quite the size. It has developed an infection." He says, I hear him huff.

The dry leaves and the small twigs crack with his every step.

"I'm going to take care of you." He says.

The smell of jasmine fills my lungs. I pry my eyes open.

I was in what seems to be a traditional Japanese room. When I moved the blanket off my body, I saw that I was wearing a kimono dress.

I sat up.

Different kinds of Japanese paintings were painted on the wall, the doors were the traditional wooden sliding door. I looked to the far right of the room where the jasmine scented candles were lit.

I wasn't in the village anymore.

The wooden door slides open and Blue walks in alone. My body tenses out of surprise. "Blue."

He walks to where I was and set down some books. "You must be confused, I'm sure you have a lot of questions."

If I remember my world literature right, Blue was wearing a keikogi, it's what japanese martial artists wear during practice.

He sits by the japanese futon. He was smiling, patiently waiting for me to ask him questions.

I just stayed firmly where I was and studied him. He raises his eyebrow. "Since you're not asking any questions, I'm going to ask one." He says.

"Are you afraid?" He asks and our eyes met.

I stare into his eyes for a moment. I clenched my jaw.

"No." I tell him. He smiles. "Is that so?" He laughs quietly and shakes his head.

"What if I tell you that i'll be the last person you'll be seeing before I kill you?" He smirks.

My heart beats in a faster pace and I try to brave myself.

"If you wanted to kill me, you would have long time ago." I said, trying my best to sound as confident as possible.

Before he says anything, I shot him a question, "Where am I and why did you take me here?"

This kimono was making me so uncomfortable. "Am I still in Australia?"

He was staring right into my eyes for a few silent moments, then he bursts into hysterics. He clutches his stomach as he laughs hard.

"Of course you are! You're in my place." He says, finally calming down. I didn't flinch a second, nor did I find anything amusing.

"Why am I still alive?" I asked.

"Because I didn't kill you." He tilted his head.

"Obviously, I can see that, but why? Why keep me alive?" I ask him.

He takes a book and flips through the pages.

"Blue." I call for his attention.

He doesn't look up from the book. "Mia."