Ryugazaki Rei x Reader: Opticians Appointment.

Bonjour! I am here with a good ol' Rei one-shot because of his damn cheekbones and glasses. The title kinda explains it, but Rei and Reader-chan have a little... Run-in before the opticians!
Enjoy~. Also, if you didn't know, (F/C) is favourite colour.
-----------------------------------------
It was a Thursday afternoon, and (Y/N) was running down the streets of Iwatobi town to the local optician.

Whilst running, the (H/C) ran into what felt like a wall, but in fact a very tall man's chest. She looked up and stuttered an apology whilst the man looked down at her with slightly digust.

They were both in the same uniform, although (Y/N) was in the feminine version. "Gomenasai, Ryugazaki-kun. I didn't mean to run into you." She bowed down as Rei's look softened.
"It's okay, (L/N)-chan. Where were you headed anyway?" His mouth was now smiling, making the girl blush.

She took a moment to gather herself and her thoughts before daring to look up at him. "I was heading to an optician's appointment. I didn't want to run late so I was... Well, running." She sheepishly rubbed the back of neck.
This made Rei laugh. "I was headed there too, I have a test as well. Can I walk with you there, (Y/N)-chan?" The girl's cheeks went pink and she dually obliged.

They set off down the road, talking about how the class was that day. "Why did Nagisa-kun suddenly stand on his chair and dance today?" She asked, looking for the optician's, although her test was to see her distance vision.
"It's not far from here," he began before running his delicate fingers over his temples. "And because he was on a sugar high, I apologise for that." He said, blushing slightly.
"It's okay! Although he is rather loud, Hazuki-kun is sweet!" She looked at Rei with a big grin, making him flustered.

They arrived sooner than expected at the optician's and got settled waiting for their appointments, looking over their work from the day that had just ended. "(L/N) (Y/N), the optician will see you now!" The chirpy receptionist said, leaving the girl slightly paler from nerves. "What? Are you scared of going alone?" Rei asked smirking, whilst (Y/N) just blushed and nodded. "Want me to come with you, (Y/N)-chan?"

The girl nodded and left her eyes away from Rei, biting her bottom lip. She then felt a hand wrap around hers and she looked up to see Rei's cheeks burning and a small smile. "Come on, I'll go in and hold your hand." Rei mumbled softly, slowly pulling the other up and towards the test room.

As they entered the room, they heard a slightly deep voice. "Hello! You must me (Y/N)-kun.." The optician's voice trailed off as he saw Rei enter. "Hello, Rei-kun! How are you?" Rei smiled softly and bowed formally, still holding the (H/C)'s hand. "I'm very well, thank you. I'm the next appointment. This is my... Friend from school. It's her first appointment and she was nervous."

The optician smirked at Rei, the pair having a mutual understanding of feelings. They were close cousins. "Anyway, (Y/N)-chan. How's about we get started? Hm?" He asked and she nodded, still holding Rei's hand – if not tighter. Rei's cheeks flushed and he pulled a chair next to the assessment chair.

-15 minutes later-

(Y/N) was told she needed glasses and filled out the forms needed and waited inside with Rei, forgetting their hands were still in one another's. Since Rei also needed to get a new prescription for his glasses, they decided to get frames together.

Rei was looking at a pair of black frames, but (Y/N) said they didn't really suit him, but the moment he tried on a red pair, she shrieked and nodded intensely. Rei laughed, turning pink, the (E/C)-eyed girl then tried on a pair of (F/C) glasses, which brightened the colour of her (E/C) irises. Rei stared at her and just muttered 'beautiful' under his breath. The girl wth him blushed and stuttered a thank you, kissing his cheek after a burst of confidence.

They proceeded to organise their glasses and put an order in for them. This was when the young girl piped up. "Thank you, for today, Rei-kun. It's been nice..." She felt a warmth on her hand and two pie of lips pressed against her cheek. "I thank you as well, (Y/N)-chan... It's been the most enjoyable day, and I've spent it with the most beautiful girl in our school..." He said softly, pressing a kiss to the girl's forehead.

"Rei-kun? Do you by chance... Have a girlfriend?" She asked on a whim, the answer being a yes.
"No, but I know who I want to be mine..." He said, his violet eyes landing on the (E/C) orbs of (Y/N).  "But I want to ask... Do you have a boyfriend?"
(Y/N) shook her head and kept her eyes trained on Rei. "But I do know who I want to be with..." She mumbled before she felt a pair of soft lips on her.

After a few seconds, they pulled away from one another and grinned. "Please don't tell Nagisa-kun... I'm already getting teased about my feelings towards you." To this, the (H/C) giggled. "I won't, but it's not like we'll be able to hide it for long... We sit next to each other in home room!" She exclaimed before checking the time, sighing. "I ought to go home, Otosan and Okasan(?) will be worried soon..."

Rei frowned at this and nodded his head. "I will see you tomorrow, my cousin, that optician, is coming round my house this evening... Unless you wanna come?" The girl nodded her head and called her parents, saying she was going round a friend's this evening and they agreed.

"You know... I really like you, (Y/N)." The girl nodded and wrapped her arms around the slim swimmers midsection.

-Extended Ending (NEVER SAW THIS COMING)-

Rei was in the corner, looking over at his new girlfriend with a smile as his cousin came over. "So, finally got the guts, hm?" Rei blushed and nodded as he watched his new girlfriend with his sister and mother, them getting along like a house of fire.

"You know... I may just love her." He said whilst the pair caught eye-lines, smiling brightly at one another.