Chapter 37

"Anna," he started in a serious but not too serious tone. "Daniella is a teacher at your school isn't she?"

"What? Dad no, what the hell," I said trying not to sound too nervous. "C'mon that's ridiculous."

"Your acting is terrible Anna, besides that, it isn't that bad as long as she's not your teacher," he said rolling his eyes.

"She's not," I lied.

"Good, then there's no reason as to why you wouldn't want me to know she teaches at your school."

"Yeah," I said simply turning myself to get the hell out of this conversation.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" He asked making me stop abruptly.

"Uh..."

"Dating your teacher huh?"

"Dad, we are not dating... I mean... She's not... Ugh, can we not have this conversation right now?" I sighed finally looking at him.

"Fine but don't think you can escape it," he shrugged his shoulders clearly amused by the fact he made me unconsciously admit it.

●●●

"What's up with that face?" Soph asked as I reached her by my locker.

"What about it? It's my face," I said rolling my eyes.

"It's definitely your face but you have this weird expression going on... Like, worried and kinda relaxed at the same time, and it makes no sense, I mean, isn't worried and relaxed opposites or something? Pretty creepy."

"That makes no sense," I said picking the things I needed from my locker and walking to my classroom seeing by the corner of my eye that Soph was following me.

"You've been acting weird nowadays," she squinted her eyes at me. "You're hiding something from me and I'm not mad you are, I guess if you don't want to tell me it's because you can't... But that doesn't stop me from making assumptions."

"What are your assumptions?" I asked amusedly, I love Soph but I'm pretty sure her assumptions are nowhere near what's going on, Soph is the most clueless person I know.

"You confessed to Miss Evans and she rejected you?"

Yes, more than once but I'm not telling her that.

"What? I wouldn't confess to her," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah, that would be really weird."

"Is that all you have?" I asked, please stay clueless.

"I know it's something to do with Miss Evans, you've been eye-fucking her since day one," she said stopping a few meters away from my classroom door. "And you made no move yet, are you getting obsessed? Like in those movies where the girl gets crazy and turns into a yandere or something?"

"Soph that's ridiculous," I said amusedly. Before she could answer the first bell rang. "Go to your classroom before the tardy bell."

"Fine, but just so you know, I love you and I promise I have no interest in Miss Evans whatsoever so please don't kill me," she said running away before I could even process what she had said.

After watching Soph running like a kakapo until she turned the aisle I went into the classroom seeing Daniella seated on her desk looking down at some papers, beautiful as always.

The class passed by awfully slow, the test is next Monday and today is Friday, I swear I studied the life out of my brain cells but I'm still scared as hell, also Daniella didn't help me study this time around which sucks.