I need a break-Chpater 26

-Nightwing's POV-

Watchtower/July 4th

"This is no time for you resign." Kaldur told me.

"I'm not resigning... just... taking a leave of absence. Besides, if you need help, Barbra is more than ready to step up." I replied, looking over at where Lexi was showing Barbra something on the Super Computer.

"Agreed, but Dick-"

"I need a break, Kaldur. You, me, Wally, we... we founded this Team. Without him..."

Kaldur sighed. "I understand. And what of Lexi? Will she stay?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "We umm... never really talked about it. I mean, if she wants to stay, I won't protest."

"Ready Wonder Boy?" Lexi said, walking over to us.

"Ready to what?" I asked.

"To leave. I'm sure you guys are starting the mission briefing soon," she said, looking at Kaldur, who nodded, "so we should get out of their way."

"You're... not staying?"

"No... why would I? If you're taking a break, then so am I." she said, obviously confused that I would ask her that question. "I mean... unless you just want to be alone or something... I could stay and occupy my time, I guess but..."

"I'll leave you two so you can figure this out." Kaldur said awkwardly, walking away.

"No! It's just... I don't know. I just didn't want to assume anything and make you feel like you had to take a break.  I always want you near me." I told her truthfully.

She grinned. "Alright then, let's go home." We were walking towards the Zeta tubes when Batman and the rest of the League walked in. "Batman!" Lexi shrieked, running up to hug him. He awkwardly hugged her back. "S-sorry... I just um... never got to officially welcome you back... and we were all worried... erm... okay bye."

I laughed as she bolted towards the Zeta tubes, her cheeks bright red, motioning for me to hurry up. Bruce touched my shoulder as he passed. "Don't let her go again Dick."

I grinned, happy that after all these years, he accepted the fact that I loved her, and wanted me to be happy. "Never." I told him, walking after her. As I approached, I chuckled.

"Not funny!" she hissed, slapping my arm.

I raised my hands in surrender. "Alright, alright, calm down gorgeous." She turned even redder.

"Let's go home." she huffed, crossing her arms.

"Just a second babe, then I promise we'll go." I watched the League approach Kaldur and the rest of the Team.

"Having stopped the Reach invasion and broken the Light in half, the Team will now operate out of the Watchtower, side by side with the League. Not because Mount Justice was destroyed, but because you earned it." Batman said.

"And so... we'll leave you to it." Black Canary smiled, leading the League out of the mission room.

"This Team has had successes, but much remains to be done." Kaldur said, turning to the Team. "Superboy, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, you're Alpha. A friend just called from Mars. He needs help. Tigress(Artemis changed to Tigress bc she felt tht she needed a change and distance from her memories of Wally, sorry, I should've explained tht), Kid Flash(Impulse became Kid Flash in memory of his cousin Wally), Bumblebee, Guardian, you're Beta. Lex Corp is bringing out the Reach mind-control soft drink again under a new name. We need proof. The rest of you are Gamma, and will investigate Batgirl's lead on Vandal Savage's next move."

"Business as usual." I smiled, throwing my arm around Lexi's shoulders and had us Zeta'd back to Gotham.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

literally, one more chapter guys. maybe two but HIGHLY unlikely, lol. OMGOMGOMG. I am aware of the boringness of this chapter.