chapter 47

Maura's POV

I've been here for a month now. I've really grown attached to these kids.

living conditions are so bad here thought, I've lost 20 pounds in a month by being here, I weigh like 85 pounds now I think.

I'm weaker now because of it but I'm still ok and working good with the kids.

Im starting miss Hayes and all the boys and Emily and dally.

I feel bad leaving the day after Grayson and Ethan buried their dad.

I kinda can't wait to go  home and eat real food and see all the boys and feel safe and sleep in my own bed.

I pulled myself up and put on a pair of shorts and tied them because they're big on me.

I put my hair up, I feel gross, there's no shampoo and conditioner and all that stuff here.

I worked with the kids and the day went by slow today because I'm just tired and weak.

~1 month later~

I've now been here for 2 months, 1 more month till I can go home with my family, I need a Hayes hug.

I lost another 10 pounds, I weigh 75 pounds, I need to go home and gain weight now.

seeing these kids live like this is really starting to kill me, I know this sounds pathetic but I need to cry about it, it's so sad. i can't cry here though, not Infront of the kids, I need to be strong for them.

i can't remember the last time I drank fresh water or ate a full meal or went to bed satisfied.

these kids really make the best out of everything.

~1 month later~

I haven't sent or contacted my brothers or any of the boys in 3 months, today I go home and get to see them.

being in Africa is nice because you help the kids but it's so bad for your health, in total I lost 35 pounds, I weigh like 75 pounds.

i said bye to all the kids and decided to leave my bag of stuff there for them, it just has comfy clothes in it, and not many that didn't have holes in them.

I was taken to the airport where I boarded my flight.

the plan ride was long.

I finally got home and it's only 6am there.

I pulled myself out of my seat and walked off the plane to see all the guys waiting for me.

I saw Hayes running at me and I just opened my arms and hugged him, I buried my head into his chest and smelled how clean he was and how clean his clothes were.

"you look awful" Hayes said

"I want to go home" I said

I hugged all the other guys.

"I need to go home" I said

"alright come on" Nash said

we all piled into card and once we got home I went upstairs and took a hot shower.

I sat in the shower and cried for like 20 minutes, that was a rough 3 months. seeing kids live like that kills me.

I stood up and washed my hair and body and shaved and all.

I got out and dried my hair and body and put on leggings and a tshirt that used to fit me and are too big now, I'm gonna have to run to the store and buy a few pairs of pants till I gain my weight back.

I brushed my hair that was so knotty and I braided it and put on some makeup and brushed my teeth.

I went downstairs and saw Cameron standing in the kitchen.

"hey little bug" he said

"this is from me, Olivia, and Emily" Cameron said and handed me an iced coffee and box of donuts.

I hugged him, "you're the best" I said.

"I know I know" he said as he walked downstairs shaking his booty.

I sat on the counter eating a donut when Grayson came in.

"hey previous, I missed you, how was it"he said

I just shook my head no and felt my eyes watering bad I felt a huge lump in the back of my throat.

he came and wrapped his arms around me and I just cried into his chest.

"we're sitting here in a nice house, clothed, the cabinets and fridge are full, we have all these electronics, showers, bed, pool, hot tub. those kid have nothing, I've never seen skinny till I went there, one little boy literally weighed 10 pounds, you could see the shape of every bone in his body" I said

"you know what you did for them is amazing, it's something that they'll never forget. and I'm treating you to a steak dinner" Grayson said hugging me and I just gripped onto the back of his shirt who hugging him.

"I love you" I said

"I love you too" he said and kissed me

"I'm going to the store, I will be back in 15 minutes" I said

"want me to come?" he asked

"if you want to" I said

"let's go" he said while putting his vans on.

I put on a jacket and grabbed my car keys and we got in and drove to the clothing store garage.

I went to the leggings and tried on extra small, they fit my legs but were too big around my waist.

I went to Victoria's Secret and found double extra smalls that fit me.

I grabbed a few pairs and I grabbed a hoodie and paid and we left.

we drove home and once we got there I went down stairs to all the guys who were sitting in a circle talking.

"mar come join the circle" Jj said

I sat next to Hayes and Taylor.

"we're just telling stories, tell us about Africa, how was it?" matt asked

I just shook my head no.

Hayes hugged me, "I missed my twinny" he said

all the guys took pictures with me and put them on snap chat saying look who's back

Grayson's was cute he put up a picture of him kissing my cheek and me smiling and made the caption, "my brat is home and I'm happy"

I went up to my room and put on the leggings and hoodie that I bought and we went out to eat and I ate so much all the guys were smiling and laughing.

we got home after dinner and dessert and it was about 9pm, I'm so tied.

I went upstairs to my bed and laid down.

a few minutes later Hayes came in.

"can I please lay with you, I really missed you" he said

"I missed you too, please come lay with me" I said

he laid down next to me and we talked for a while but I was tired I ended up just falling asleep.