Twenty: In Which He Is A Starving Man And Is Ready To Eat

Remember to follow, vote and comment!

Warning: This chapter contains graphic content that may not be suitable for readers 17 and below. Hell, this whole book isn't for 17 and below. So to whoever it may concern, read at your own risk.

[J A X ' S P O V ]

Blaire has been avoiding me for three days now. Three whole days. I hate that there's tension crackling in the air and although I should have grown used to it by now, I still feel very uneasy.

Ever since the kiss, things between us have changed. And it's not in the good way.

Every time I try to talk to her, it always ends up like this:

"Hey," I say.

"Go away," she mutters and walks away from me.

You see how difficult it is to talk to her? I've never been more aggravated trying to talk to a human being before.

And since our conversations usually consists of that, I can't even talk about the kiss with her. She has been avoiding me like I'm the damn plague and I'm getting sick of it.

I know where she goes when she's not in the mansion—to the shooting range to blow off some steam. I know this because I followed her that one time and saw her there. And before you write me off as a creep or stalker, I would like to defend myself by saying that I only did it because I was worried for her. That and also the fact that I didn't want her going to Ben again. Blaire and I may not be talking right now but I still have deep feelings for her. And I'm not going to let Ben screw it up again.

So I'm thankful that she does not pursue him and vice-versa. I'm quite relieved that she's been spending more time at the shooting range. At least I know where she's holed up at majority of the time. I do wonder why she spends so much time there though. Maybe she's trying to erase the memories of our kiss.

I clench my fists by my sides. I hate not talking about the kiss. And I hate that it has already damaged our friendship.

Hell, she can't even look at me straight in the eye anymore when I try to talk to her. It physically pains me to see her like this.

Scared. Frightened. Absolutely terrified.

It's like she doesn't know how to handle what happened so she just ignores it in hopes that it would just go away. But I'm not going to let that happen.

     I'm never going to forget that kiss.

I need to know what she's thinking. I need to know what's on her goddamned mind so that I'll know what went wrong.

And when I figure that out, I can fix this. Blaire and I.

But it seems that I'm the only one that's willing to do just that. And that frustrates the living shit out of me.

Even Hunter knows that something is up between us that is not quite right. This morning, when I was getting ready for another one of my photoshoots, I told Blaire that I didn't need her standing by me all the time, and in response to that, she stormed off.

   Now, Hunter walks over to me, eyeing the both of us warily as he approaches my chair.

    "Okay, cut the shit. What is going on with the both of you?" He hisses. "You've been at each other's throats since I picked you guys up on Monday. Did something happen between the both of you?"