Chapter 16

Raiden's POV

I heard a scream and woke up immediately. I searched the house for any intruder but saw Darsh looking at me with wide eyes.

"Why did you scream princess?" I rubbed my eyes and tried walking up to her.

"Don't come near me Raiden." I like the way my name rolls off her tongue. It's like sweet melody to my ears.

"Oh come on. Don't be like that." I said to her in amusement because her reaction right now is quite funny.

"Get out of my house now." She said sternly and I chuckled.

"It's not like you weren't the one who snuggled up to me last night." I saw a light blush on her cheeks and I smirked.

"How is your leg?" She asked trying to change the subject while looking away. I know she is still blushing.

"It's getting better but you know what will make it perfect?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Breakfast. I want you to make breakfast for me and I'll be perfect." I smirked.

"You are kidding me right." She gave me a pointed look.

"I'll play the guilt card on you if you don't." I teased her.

"It's not like I feel guilty for shooting you." She snorted and narrowed her eyes at me. She might say she doesn't feel guilty but her eyes say otherwise. When she shot me, I saw so much regret and pain in her eyes. Is she really getting soft? I hope she does though. She looks more attractive when she's caring and so on.

"Whatever you say princess. Now go make me breakfast." I said to her with a smile.

"It's just because I'm hungry." She said as she rolled her eyes at me. After she made breakfast for me, she tried chasing me out of her house but I pinned her on the floor and her eyes widened. I could hear her heartbeat going crazy. Then I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Get off me you twerp!" She struggled from underneath me and I got up laughing. She swabbed her cheek with the back of her hand and glared at me.

"Bye princess." I blew her a kiss and if looks could kill, I would be ten feet under the ground now. I smirked at her before walking out of her house. I know she likes me, I guess I just have to give her some time. I shifted back into my wolf and ran back to the pack.

-

I entered into my office and saw Brian already seated there.

"What's up man?" I asked as I sat on  my seat.

"There were a few rogues who came into our territory last night while you were out but we took care of them." Brian said.

"Well that's very good but the main issue is how did they get in undetected." I said while rubbing my chin.

"Exactly. I don't think we have enough guards on patrols. We should station at least 15 guards. There will be a rotation of patrols. You understand?" Brian asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. That's a very good idea. When we are done, go tell Jacob to gather his best patrol team and assign them to their posts." I said to Brian but my mind drifted off to Darsh. I couldn't stop thinking about the way she snuggled close to me or the way she blushed which was very cute.

"Snap out of it man!" Brian snapped his fingers at me.

"Sorry. I zoned out back there." I said with a smile on my face. The way sparks flew up inside me when my lips contacted her cheek. I'm pretty sure she felt it too.

"What the hell man! Are you thinking about Darshana?" Brian asked with distaste.

"Yeah and what about it?" I asked him.

"Why are you still interested in her by the way?" He asked.

"Because she is my mate." I said in a matter of fact tone.

"She clearly doesn't want you so reject her." He said and my eyes darkened.

"Shut up Brian." I said to him menacingly.

"I'm just telling you the truth." Brian shrugged.

"I don't need y-" I was cut off by my sister who barged into my office with a silly smile on her face.

"Hey big brother. Hey Brian bear." Melissa said as she walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and did the same to Brian.

"What do you want Melissa?" I asked her. She gave me a sheepish smile and I knew she was up to something.

"I was just wondering if you would let me and my friends go out to the mall." She fiddled with her fingers. She knows how I feel about letting her leave the pack. If anything happened to her, I wouldn't live with myself.

"No you can't." I said to her.

"Please Raiden! I've been in this house for too long. I need to go out and have fun. Please." She begged.

"You will not go anywhere." I used my alpha voice on her. It wouldn't really work on her because she also has alpha blood in her but it would work a little.

"You are not my father so you can't tell me what to do!" She yelled at me then ran out of the office. What she said stung a little because all I do is protect her. I sighed and rubbed my temples. Brian looked at me with pity because he knows what I'm passing through. Ever since my parents died, it's been really tough on Melissa.

"Don't forget what I told you about rejecting her. Find someone who will make you happy." Brian said.

"She makes me happy. You wouldn't understand because you haven't found your mate. I said to him honestly.

"Alpha! A rogue trespassed in our land but we caught her. She is in the dungeon right now." I cut off the mind-link and told Brian and we left for the dungeon together.

Brian's POV.

As soon as we entered the dungeon, I caught a whiff of this marvelous scent. Smelt like chocolate and roses.

"Mate! Mate!!" My wolf called out to me. I followed the direction of where the delicious scent came from and it landed me in front of the female rogue who trespassed our land.

"Mate." I growled lowly. She cowered back a little. I glanced at Raiden and he smirked at me because I'm almost in the same situation as him only that my mate is a rogue. He knows I have a thing against rogues but this is my mate.

"Please give us some time alone." I said to Raiden and he ordered the guards away and left too.

"What's your name?" I asked as I opened her cell and stepped in.

"Winter Chance." She whispered shyly.

"I'm Brian Williams. The beta of this pack." I said to her while picking her up. I got a good view of her face and oh goddess, she was beautiful. She had beautiful red hair which was covered in dirt, grey eyes with perfect full lips. She was beautiful. I took her to my room to have her cleaned up and get her some decent clothes.

Haha. Brian bitch found his mate and knows what Raiden feels about his princess.

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you guys!⭐️

Stay tuned for the next episode of "The Assassin's Mate". *crowd cheers, I bow and walk away*