CHAPTER 27

I take my phone from inside my pocket and look at the name in the screen.

Eleanor.

Shit! She must be worried because I've been here for... forty minutes?!

Zayn is looking at me with a confused frown on his face, but before he can ask, I accept the call and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hey." I greet shyly.

"Beth! Where the hell are you?!" She exclaims, sounding angry, worried and relieved at the same time. "I've been looking for you for the last twenty minutes! You can't just disappear like that! Are you okay?" She scolds me.

"El, calm down." I try to reassure her. Zayn nods to himself in realisation and rolls his eyes. Then, he brings his head forward and rests it on my shoulder. "El, I'm perfectly fine. I'm so sorry, I just wasn't feeling well and went upstairs for a while to-"

"For a while?! Liam says that he left you alone more than thirty minutes ago! And he was the last person who saw you!" She cuts me off angrily.

"Eleanor, calm down, you're scaring her." I hear a voice in the background and then a huff that I'm sure comes from El. "Give me the phone."

"Hey!" I hear her complain as I wait for someone to speak.

"Hello, Beth." I recognise Niall's voice. "Where are you? You're okay?" He sounds so much relaxed and just concerned, not mad at me.

"Hey Niall." I greet. "I'm fine, don't worry. I've been upstairs the whole time."

"Oh, really? I guess we didn't look for you very well, did we?" He jokes. This is why I love Niall so much. "We just assumed that you weren't in the house anymore because you were taking too long to come back."

"Yeah, I'm so sorry about that, I should have told somebody where I was going." I apologise to him. "I ran into Zayn and I lost track of time, I'm sorry Niall."

I feel Zayn's lips forming a smile against my neck, where he was still resting his forehead. He gives my hips a little squeeze and leaves two kisses against the skin of my neck, just below my ear.

"Beth? Are you there?" I hear Niall ask and I shake my head, getting out of the trance.

"What? Uh, yeah I'm still here." I reply confusedly and Zayn laughs silently.

"I asked if you two are coming down?" He says, his tone amused.

"Yeah, we'll be down in a minute." I say. "Bye."

"Bye, Beth." He hangs up.

I look down at Zayn and run my fingers through his soft hair. He sighs in content and nuzzles his head into my neck again.

"We should go downstairs." I say gently, still caressing his soft locks.

"Why should we?" He mumbles. "I'm not in the mood for a party."

"C'mon, the rest are waiting for us." I try to convince him and myself. I don't really want to leave his room, but it would be a little weird for them if we stay here after I told Niall the opposite.

"I don't want to go with the rest." He complains, his tone of voice making me laugh. "I want to stay here with you."

My heart melts again. I think this one is the tenth time tonight.

"I want to stay here too, but I have to apologise to them, they were worried."

He lifts his head from my neck and looks up at me smiling. He then nods in understanding and pecks my lips twice before helping me off his lap. I put on my black heels and stand up.