I Date A Lyon

'Dad, what is this?' Shawn asked as she read over the files with her brow raised.

Mr. Steelson was giving her free reign over his company as he planned to step down in little less than three months. Shawn had yet to learn some of the main prospects of the business. She couldn't believe it.

'Giving you something that I love as much as I love your mother and you. Let me give you this.'

'If I don't take it, then it will be the biggest mistake of my life... But what about my new career? How will it work out?'

'Hire someone. Hire people to do the things that are menial and you can do the biggest jobs of them all. It could help you grow as an individual. Just think about it...'

'I will.'

Later that day, she got a call from Willow telling her to meet him at the new Mexican club/restaurant. She accepted his offer seeing as it was their first date.

Dressed in a red, strapless flowy dress and golden heels, Shawn hopped out of her car and walked into the club with its loud music playing. She spotted Willow wearing a white fedora and a black tee.

'We're at a Spanish club and this is the best you could do. I give the outfit a five. Impress me or I walk.' Shawn took a tortilla chip out of the bowl on their table in the corner and dipped it in salsa. She scanned the room to get a better view of what she got herself into. There were women and men of variety dancing around each others doing different traditional Mexican dances.

'Can you dance?'

'I can dance any dance you want me to dance.'

'Come on then.'

They danced with no worries and let the music take them away. Shawn was having so much fun that she forgot that tonight was a family meeting at Lucious' house. She wondered how well that would bode with Hakeem being frustrated with their father.

'Eat something before we go. I have a surprise for you after this.' Willow seemed to know how to charm her with that wide smile. She could clearly see why she was so attracted to him besides the obvious. 'Nachos and wings with a bottle of hot sauce.' Shawn loved her some spicy wings and the hot sauce gave it even more of a kick.

The food was magnificent as was the small talk that had them both laughing and chatting up a storm. Soon they were done and Shawn was eager to see what the surprise was.

Willow took her by the hand and led her past her car and onto the cobblestone street next to the club. She nearly complained when they reached a ledge. Her heels were getting stuck in the grassy field.

'Look up.'

As soon as he said that, the sky lit up with colors. Red, orange, yellow, blue, and silver. Shawn had never seen so many brilliant lights shining in the sky like that before. Not even the 4th of July celebration on the beach last summer could compare.

'How did y-'

Willow kissed her before she could finish her sentence. He held her face close as he devoured her words and swallowed her emotions seeping into the kiss. She felt weightless in that moment.

'Wow! That was something...'

'So, do I get a second date?'

'Maybe...'

Willow led her back to her car and before she left, he kissed her once more. She blushed sweetly as her hands shoved him away.

'Go. I have to get to work in the morning. I'll see you soon.'

After three weeks of seeing Willow, Shawn officially finished her album and was prepared to give a release date as well as set up a tour for its upcoming arrival.

'What are you doing, girl? I see you have been working really hard. That's a great thing when you are a Lyon.' Cookie complimented her as she handed her a glass of champagne. Shawn smiled widely while accepting her drink. 'Thanks, Cookie. I'm just getting some things done with the company before I go on tour. My dad has finally decided that now is the best time to hand it over.'

'That's good, I guess... Are you ready for all that responsibility? Being an artist and being a businesswoman?'

'Sometimes, I don't feel ready but I know anything could only get better with time.'

'Well then, take it and run with it.'

Shawn finished her whole drink before returning to her laptop where she was doing most of her work. Cookie had the tour dates and all the different studios rented out for when Shawn would need the practice.

'When the White Party is out of the way, then you'll get the Lights, Camera, Action!' Cookie knew that there was no turning back now. Both of them had come along way with this album and getting her recognized as an artist by the company. 'Maybe you can even take Jamal or Hakeem for a bit.' Shawn shrugged. She really didn't know if that would be a good idea right now.

Just one step at a time.