Ch.82 - Not Like Magnets

Guys I've finally updated!!

So, as I mentioned before, this isn't the full chapter I intended on writing, but I was sooo anxious to update I just left it as is and published. That means, good news, there's still two chapters left till this book ends plus an epilogue :)) yay!

Also hell freaking yeah y'all!! 100K READZZZZ. I'm beyond shocked that this book has gotten that much attention. I honestly assumed my first book would be my only one to touch that mile stone but it means sooo much to me that it has! Seriously thank you so much :)) wouldn't be writing at all if it weren't for your guys' encouragements. Seriously.

AND Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!

Anyways, enjoy! (And maybe take a peak at the last chapter for a quick review if you need reminding of what's going on?)

_________________________________________

She realizes, with this burning coal like nausea rolling between quaint rumblings and thunderous shipwreck, that she and Robert were never like magnets. She was never drawn to him in a way that could also be flipped and be revolted by him, to being provoked into the opposite direction. They were, they were indescribable. Incomparable because this, what they had, just doesn't happen; not in real life anyways. Not in Charlottes life--or Robert's for that matter.

They've always been sticky, different and strange. Just as two separate people, they've never formed to societies norms. They're outcasts that found their own and meshed naturally.

It's kind of funny, you know. Or so she thinks. It's funny that within a year they went from being strangers that were tempted within each others similarities, to being left alone and worse off from when they started. It's funny because it's so sad, it's so heavy, troubling in ways that Charlotte never thought possible. That after what happened with Brandon, that she would find someone better and stronger who loved her in every way she dreamed of. That maybe, just maybe, Robert had dreamt of something of that sort too. To be understood and to be loved with all the bandages and bruises and shortcomings, and yet it's so damn hilarious that they were so naive about it all. How they knew from watching the news, from the warnings of parents, or ex wives, and colleges and friends, that some lines should not be crossed however tempting they may be.

And they shouldn't have, probably. But they did, and the only regret Charlotte has is that they would have done it differently. Would have straight out told her parents what happened with Brandon--and that the man she disappeared with after school hours were done, was a man who held her and brushed away her tears and opened up to her and showed her that everyone has they're story. Everyone is fucked up beyond repair; and life lives by the definition of that, of how you deal with the shit that's thrown at you. How you persevere and learn from it.

But that doesn't mean Charlottes living by those standards, no. After all this, the weight of Molly, of Robert and Brandon and everything, it just feels like maybe its too much to bare. She could've done it with just Moll by her side, but its because of what happened to her sister that she really can't. Like living with this phantom limb, now, forever reminded of the pity and blame she puts on her own shoulders.

Before everything, before it all fell apart, she-she was happy with Robert, happy in a way she had never been. Feeling full, if that makes any sense. Full of life and love and warmth and healing. He and Molly, that was the place she called home, her place of happiness and peace. A place she had dreamt would come to some kind of fruition, to rebuild the broken structure she was raised in as something stronger and kinder.

But that was then.

Now though, with Robert's pace nipping at her heals and one hand shoved in his pocket whilst the other goes tight holding the cranberry can like he's made a monumental mistake coming here, it just feels like maybe it all was a dream after all. That maybe fairytales should be left in books and stories where she is the writer, not the character.