Chapter 30: A Father's Love

"Good evening." Chris greets everyone and walk towards his sons first "Sorry for making you wait. I just really tired from the flight"

"Don't worry, old man. We understand that you are getting older and older." Justin joked making everyone laugh.

Chris playfully glared at him then sigh "Fine...I will admit. I'm 58, not getting any younger."

58? I think it's hard to believe that. Chris is a very handsome man and I am not gonna lie, until now. He still can attract woman around my age. No, scratch that attract thingy, more like he can still fool women. Talking about how many women he got pregnant with.

"Belle, you are staring too much at my Father" Rafael noticed, raising an eyebrow on me. "Don't tell me you are falling for my dad"

"Oh fuck no!" I blurt out then chuckled "But I am admiring him. I just can't believe he is already 58. I mean, he still look handsome"

He looked at me coldly but I playfully slapped his chest "Don't get me wrong, Rafael and stop with that weird questions."

"Oh, Rafael I'm glad you came" his Dad's voice broke us "This is the first time you attend my birthday so I though you wouldn't come. But I'm happy I still informed you so...thank you, son"

Rafael didn't bother to smile while his dad thanks him. Well, not surprised. It will be more shocking if he smiled though. "Don't thank me, old man. Thank my wife. She is the reason I came here because she forced me to come"

His Father blink a few times, cleared his throat and faces me "Isabelle, wow you look beautiful." He told me "Thank you for coming to my party. Now my party will be amazing for me now that all of my children are together."

I just nod my head as the hold of Rafael on my waist tightens. Okay, he is over reacting, there is no time to act possessive when I am just talking to his Dad. And Rafael's acting is getting too much over our plan.

Acting all possessive on nothing. He is crazy. But...could it still be an act? No, I should stop sinking that in my mind. Because I don't want to hope something that I will never ever get from him.

How bitter am I.

~~~♦~~~

The dinner has finally started. They serve so many wonderful meals that I have never seen in my entire life.  There is a roast chicken that taste like out of this world on how amazing it is, there are some vegetable salads that has different sauces, some Italian cuisine and many more that I can't name.

For me, I am just eating the vegetable salad with Caesar sauce. It taste wonderfully and I am totally enjoying it. The dinner was a little loud because the brothers were teasing around each, but the others was just silently listening to the conversation...like me.

"Do you still want more salad, Belle? Sauce?" Rafael asked, assisting me. He was just sitting next to me and our chair was just inches apart.

"No, I'm fine." I answered "I am already full though." Then a took a fork full if the salad with many sauce on it.

Then Rafael suddenly laugh making me turn to him with one eyebrow raise "What? Why are you laughing?"

Rafael shook his head and lean closer to me, and wipe something from my lips with his finger, making me push him away  "You could have just tell me that I have some sauce on my mouth"

"So? I want to be the one to wipe it for you." He smirked playfully. I was going to slap him when I noticed that almost everyone in the room is watched  the two of us making me flush in embarrassment.