Chapter Twenty Two: The Turning Point Part II

"It's just, I can't believe you didn't tell me," Elena told Holly as they walked through the school, half hoping that Logan was still there. "I could have helped, and since when do you hang out with Damon? Holly, he's dangerous."

"Elena," Holly said exasperated. "Just because you're like five minutes older than me, does not mean that I need your permission for every little thing. I can handle, Damon."

Holly ignored the hurt look on Elena's face as she turned towards Matt. "Matt, have you seen Logan?"

"Holly where have you been?" his grin faded. "He just gave Caroline a ride home."

"Thanks," Holly said quickly running off to meet Stefan and Damon outside.

Logan was driving through the streets, Caroline was still unconscious behind him. He hated the Sheriff. He hated vampires. He hated everything. He felt the wheel of his car shake and the brakes seemed to stop working.

He looked up and saw Holly with her palm in the air that was forcing him to stop the car. Logan got out of the car. "I really don't want to hurt you, Holly."

"Good, that makes two of us." Damon said as he appeared, shooting Logan twice in the leg. "Payback's a bitch isn't it?"

Stefan meanwhile got Caroline out of the car. Damon nodded. "Holly, go with him."

Holly narrowed her eyes. "I'm not leaving you alone."

"I can take care of myself!" he snapped. "Go!"

Slightly hesitant, she followed Stefan and the three of them left.

Damon pointed the gun towards Logan again. "Now, I'm going to ask you again, who turned you?"

"I don't know."

"Wrong answer."

"Wait," Logan said desperately. "You think you're the only one who wants to break into the old church. There are others. There is another way in, another spell. Meet me at the church at midnight."

Logan stopped in front of the warehouse, he had been on his way to meet Damon when he heard a clang. Someone was following him. He turned around and saw the history teacher that had been flirting with Jenna. "Did Jenna sent you, man?"

"Nope," Alaric said as he took a step forward. "I came on my own."

Logan smirked. "Look, buddy I know you think this makes you brave, but it doesn't all right. It just makes you look stupid."

"I want Jenna to have the best of everything, she's a good person and I'm going to make sure that she gets it."

Logan scoffed. "Is that supposed to be a threat?" He turned away from him, his fangs ready.

He turned around ready to attack Alaric, but Alaric quickly took out a stake from his jacket and stab him across the chest. Logan fell to the floor, dead. "No, that's a promise."

"This is nice," Elena said as she comfortably rested her head in Stefan's arms. "You and me, normal."

"Well, normal is overrated." Stefan joked. "Are you thirsty?"

She nodded.

"Well, let me get you something to drink, be right back." As Stefan headed towards the kitchen, Elena started exploring. Stefan's diaries were neatly kept into shelves, he had old car miniatures from different decades, she smiled slightly when she saw an old worn out map.

She pushed some stray papers away and came across a photo. Elena froze when she saw the picture. The woman in the picture looked just liked her, but under the picture a name was scribbled: Katherine.

Where the hell was Logan? They had agreed to meet there. Damon was impatiently pacing around the grounds of the old church when his cell phone rang. The sheriff.

"Damon, good evening. I just wanted to say thank you."

"Thank you, for what?"

"We found Logan's body by the Fell's warehouse," Liz explained. "He had been storing bodies, innocent victims. Anyway he has been taken care off. We owe you so much Damon."

Damon hung up, utterly confused.

Holly was just getting inside her car and exiting the school parking lot when her cell phone rang. ELENA flashed on screen. She frowned. That was weird, she was staying over at Stefan's. "Hello?"

"Holly?" Elena's voice was shaking and it was obvious that she was crying. "You need to come pick me up."

"Huh? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Just come and pick me up . . . please."

"Ok," she said trying to keep her voice under control. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be just fine, Elena."

Elena hiccupped. "I sincerely doubt that."

Holly hung up the phone and started driving towards the Salvatore house. So much crap had happened today that she honestly just wanted to crawl into bed and daydream about the boring, normal life she used to have.

Her cell phone started buzzing again and as she reached for it, she saw it was a text message from Damon. When she looked up, she saw a man in the middle of the road. She screamed, unable to stop the car and hitting the man in the process.

The man hit the windshield and Holly's car crashed sending Holly into downward spiral where she slowly lost conciseness.