( 8 )

Song Above: My Lover

If you like this story then please check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING! It needs all the love it can get! 😊

"Urgh let's not go this way," Rose quickly snaked her arm around mine and diverted my body to another direction in the hallway.

"Why?" I frowned trying to turn around to see who she was avoiding but every time I attempted to twist my head I was harshly yanked forward by my temperamental friend.

Was she purposely trying to give me whiplash?

"Brody and Craig are there. I do not want to see them, I've successfully avoided them over the last three weeks and I don't want to see them now,"

The mention of his name sparked my interest. I hadn't been in touch with him since the beach house. I didn't want to contact him in case I sounded too desperate.

Which I wasn't.

I just had a stressful couple of days with intense study sessions and needed an escape for a few hours. I wasn't entirely sure if this enemy with benefits deal meant that I could call him up whenever I felt in the mood.

We hadn't exactly specified when we would interact, only the basic rules.

Would we need to designate times or could it be whenever?

So far it had been on his terms.

Wait-

Why was I over analyzing this situation?

It's Brody Fucking Jackson, the bane of my life. I really shouldn't be over-analyzing anything to do with him. I had to mentally scold myself for doing it in the first place.

I didn't care about him. So why was I behaving as I did?

I put it down to high estrogen levels. 

Or maybe it's the fact he has the ability to blow my mind away with just those perfect plump li-

No, do not go to the dark side Ivy.

He desperately needed to be erased from my mind pronto or else I was going to spontaneously combust. It was unnatural for me to have any twisted feelings for him other than hate. I despised him yet...I was screwing him.

I had honestly lost my mind.

"Craig won't stop calling me, I've had to block his number," Rose groaned and I had forgotten for a moment that she was attached to my arm. I tilted my head in her direction and watched as her nose scrunched up in disgust at the thought of Craig.

She shouldn't complain about a guy wanting to contact her after sex. I would be thrilled if I was in her position, seeing as a certain someone decided to act as if I didn't exist after having countless rounds of rough, demanding sex.

Oh for the love of Christ he's snuck into my mind again the cheeky bastard.

"I thought you and Craig got on well?" I questioned, wondering what had made her do a complete three-point turn. Last time we spoke about Craig with some persuasion from me, she was considering giving him a chance or so I thought.