t e n

Dan woke up the next morning, keeping his eyes closed. Not prepared for today's events at all.

I want my Phil back, he thought.

"Daniella!" He heard a loud voice, which belonged to his father.

"Yeah?" He shouted back.

"Get up!" It shouted back.

He sighed loudly and exasperated. He walked over to his mirror and looked at himself, head to toe. His hair was in a bun, and he was still wearing the same shirt as last night, but only with a pair of sweats this time.

"Soon." He whispered to himself while thinking about what he told Phil last night and walked away and headed downstairs.

"I'm up, I'm up." He said surrendering his hands to his parents.

Dan walked over to get coffee while feeling his parents eyes on him. He turned around and looked quizzically at them.

"What?" He asked bluntly.

"Do you want to be homeschooled?" His mother asked him.

"We know you'd miss your friends, but maybe it's for the best? At least for a little why." His father added.

Dan thought about his friends. He didn't have any, not after Bianca ruined his life.

"Homeschool? Really?" He beamed with pure excitement.

"We're going to see what we can do. It'll be your last month." His mother said, sipping her tea out of a red mug.

"Yay! Thank you, thank you!" He shouted. Dan hugged both of them at the same time.

He grabbed his Rubix cube mug and sat at the island in the kitchen.

He pulled out his phone whilst taking long sips of his coffee.

He scrolled through Twitter and Instagram for awhile until he got a notification.

It was a message from Phil.

philly: can u still make it next week
dan: and i thought I was the clingy one!
philly: im sorry, forget it
dan: im kidding ,, im kidding bloody hell!
philly: :/
dan: Philly!! Don't be mad @ me
philly: its far too hard to be mad @ you danyul!!
dan: that's incorrect spelling of my name phillip
philly:and i care because? xD
dan: ur a twat and im being homeschooled
philly: really??
dan: yesssss!

Dan put his phone back in his pocket and retreated to the sink to put his coffee mug in there.

He ran back up to his room and changed into a pair of black jeans and a large cardigan, so he wouldn't have to wear a binder.

He put on some random pair of black sneakers he found and walked out of his room, stopping only to grab his beanie he dropped on the floor.

He put his phone in the pocket of his black jeans and grabbed his keys.

"Mum! Dad! I'm going for a drive, yeah?" He shouted from the door.