08.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER EIGHT

It had been a single day since the endeavor to Mount Weather took place. To say that Liv was on edge would an understatement, especially considering what had happened. A series of events had taken place, some good, others. . . not so much. Seeing that they now had an ear inside the mountain, they were positioning themselves well for the upcoming battle against the Mountain Men, but after Thelonious found his way back to them, warning that they had sixteen hours to evacuate Camp Jaha, their time was being cut short. If they ran, they would have no way to save the forty six.

Liv refused to just give up without a fight. She wouldn't run, even if that meant she alone would have to stay in the dropship. She was determined to save her brother and their friends, one way or another. Whether she had an army of a thousand or an army of one. It didn't matter, she would not run.

As of now, though, the civilians were scrambling to get their things in order as Abby and Thelonious tried to figure out a way to go about this. Liv found herself apart of the mass of people, all of whom were waiting outside of the Ark as they awaited the Chancellor who was supposedly going to speak.

While Liv held high interest in all of this, her concern as of right now fell solely with Bellamy and Octavia. They had left their camp site and trekked back to the Ark without them, leaving Liv in a high state of worry. Then again, how in the hell could she not be worried about the two of them? 

She found herself a bit jittery, almost shaking as if she had drunk five cups of coffee in one sitting. She just wanted to know if they were alright, and until they got back, she would have no way of knowing.

Correction, if they got back.

She shuddered at the thought, refusing to allow it in her mind again. They would come back, no questions asked. She would just feel a hell of a lot better if they did before they potentially left camp. 

The frantic voices surrounding her slowly died down as Abby exited the Ark, Thelonious trailing behind her. Liv's head snapped in their direction, watching them intently at she awaited to know the fate of her brother. 

They couldn't leave, she refused to leave.

She couldn't leave. Not without him, not without her friends. They had all been through so much together, and this was not where their story ended. She refused to believe that for even a second.

"Chancellor," Thelonious prompted, Abby appearing to be a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people before her. So much pressure was upon her shoulders to make the right decision. 

Finally, she spoke up, "By now, you've all heard the rumor. And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming."

From all around her, Liv watched as heads drooped low, disappointment etching itself upon all of their faces. Murmurs began to break out, and Liv found her anxiety increasing. She couldn't leave, she refused to leave. 

"We have a difficult decision to make," Abby continued, regaining their attention. "Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we're discussing all options."

Soon enough, Jaha was taking a step in front of Abby, as if he held all of the power here. Liv scowled at his voice, wanting nothing more than to shove scissors into her ears. She hated him, loathed him. He was the reason as to why she almost spent the first eighteen years of her life in a damned jail cell. 

"But to be safe, you need to pack," he ordered, Liv's face finding itself falling. Any bit of hope she had built up within her crumbled down, her lips parting and eyes widening. Her heart hammered, fear stricken as she realized that they weren't staying. That Chancellor Jaha was going to be the reason as to why she lost her only family.