Chapter 10: Fading Away

Chapter 10
Richard Neil Sky
Fading Away

It had been a month after Cade and I started dating. It was fun as hell. We kept sneaking kisses here and there. When we had a free time together, we kept going to the bathroom in 3rd floor, at the end of the building. Most of the time it was always empty, so we always had to time to kiss like we hadn't seen each other.

I hadn't been hanging out with my friends these past few weeks. They noticed it. They had tried to go ninja on me, but they were always being busted by me. I knew how their minds worked, so it was easier for me and Cade to keep our relationship a secret. We weren't ready to come out yet. We had already talked about it.

Last month, we just kept talking and talking and talking until we really knew each other. I had found out that he was a big fan of Westlife and his favorite song was Uptown Girl. One thing that he liked the most was to stargaze. He told me about constellations, which honestly, I didn't understand. I just listened to him ramble about his hobbies and his voice.

Our relationship was stable as of right now. We kept texting each other, sending mushy text messages wherever we were. When we couldn't see each other to talk, we texted all day and night, nonstop. My friends noticed it, and asked me if I already had a girlfriend or something, but I didn't answer. That's how I was. It was the safest thing to do, to seal my mouth shut and not speak about my love life or something. I just gave them a shrug. They didn't bother asking me about it again.

Despite our stable relationship, Cade had been dull and slow and sad lately. Sometimes, I would find him staring at a distance when I was passing by his classroom. Sometimes, when we were together, he would be silent and stare at the air. It seemed like he was overthinking, like he had a lot in mind, like he had a problem. I always wanted to ask him what was wrong, but instead of asking, I would just give him a hug so he would feel comfortable.

Cade was still bullying me, but he was doing it since he wanted to get closer to me. But less harsh. Sometimes, when we would pass each other on the hallway, he would throw a double-meaning sentence at me and I'd pretend to be annoyed. He then would give me a grin and I'd try so hard to not smile in public since it would make me a bipolar bitch, and I didn't want that to happen. After those encounters, I would text him, telling him that he was such a bastard and he would reply back at me, telling me that I should forgive him because he was just being 'lovely' and 'mushy' at me.

Mom and Dad had tried to meddle in my love life since they also noticed that I had been using my phone constantly and always. They knew I had someone in my heart and my Dad even tried to even talk the talk with me. The sex talk. Could you believe it? I had just brushed him off since it was awkward to have a sex talk with both of my parents. I was a grown man. I already knew how to use a condom or any protection. And it's not like I was a dating a girl or someone that had a vagina. I was dating a man. I was dating Cade Felix Thompson. He had a dick. And as much as I would like to drill a peanut, I'd rather eat sausage. It's meatier.

When I arrived at the school, there was a rumor spreading. No, it's not about me dating Cade rumor. It was more of Cade dating a different bitch rumor. I texted Cade, to tell him about the rumor. He texted me that the only person he was dating was me, no one else. I trusted Cade, so I let it go.

The rumor was still going around the whole school and I was sick and tired of it. I wanted to snap at the students that Cade was dating me and only me. The rumor was plain and simple and didn't have a lot of information. In fact, there was no information at all. It was just a rumor of Cade dating a girl somewhere. The girl didn't have a name. Students didn't know who the girl was (the one that was supposedly being dated by Cade). I sighed.

+++

A couple of days later. The rumor was still going around the school. And no, it's not just a black and white rumor. It was a colorful rumor. Cade was going to get married sooner or later or something. I hadn't told him about it.

Cade and I were still the same. We kept texting, sneaking kisses in the bathroom, finding a way to see each other and be with each other's arms. I had told him about the school and stuffs and he told me not to mind it. But there was something in his eyes I couldn't understand.

These past few days, when we saw each other, his eyes were more dull and lonely and sad than before. I had tried to take away the sadness in his eyes by making him happy. But I couldn't. I did my very best to replace the loneliness and the sadness in his eyes. But I guessed I got used to it.

Right now, we were on a hill that overlooked the city of the town we were living in. The sun was about to shine on the other side of the world, Cade and I watching the sun go down. I took a look at our clasped hands and felt happier than before. I lifted it up and placed a soft kiss at the back of his hand and he chuckled. My back was placed on his chest as we watched the sunset.

"Chad," Cade whispered in my ear, bending down to plant a soft kiss on my shoulder blade. I shivered at his husky voice. His hand tightened against mine. "You know that you're my only one, right?" I nodded, still watching the sun.

"I believe you, Cade." I told him, looking up only to see his strong jawline. I scooted a little closer and plant a kiss on his Adam's apple. I felt him shiver and smiled happily.

"Good," he said, unclasping his hand on mine only to wrap both of his arms around me. "Chad... I want to tell you... I..." My breath hitched. I knew the words he was going to let go. I braced myself for the next words. I knew I was falling for him, and he was the same for me, but was it deeper? Was our relationship strong enough? "I... I love you, Chad." And there it went, my heart exploded.

He said I love you to me with the sweetest, calmest, and softest voice he could muster. I was at lost for words and I couldn't speak, just like always. I pulled myself up, turned around, and captured his lips with mine. He responded seconds later and his arms shot down around me, deepening the kiss. My hands immediately went to his hair, feeling the soft blonde hair he had. Cade kissed me passionately and I moaned when he bit my lower lip, making me part my lips and he then shoved his tongue inside me.

It was always the same when we kissed. Butterflies fluttering wildly, fireworks exploding inside me, heart beating faster, air getting sucked out, but this time, the kiss was more passionatel, more lively. Cade was kissing me like it was the first time for us to kiss, like he was afraid I would be... gone.

I felt a tear on my cheek and I pulled away, only to find Cade Felix Thompson crying. My heart shattered at the sight of him crying and I wanted to comfort him again. So I gave him a hug and rubbed his back. He cried harder and my hug tightened.

"I just love you so much, Chad." He said, still crying. "And I'm afraid that you'll be gone someday."

"No, I will not." I said to him, burying my face in the crook of his neck. "I promise, Cade. I will always stay by your side." He softly pushed me away and kissed me on the lips.

"I love you," He said.

And the next thing I knew, Cade Felix Thompson was no longer a student of our school.

Cade Felix Thompson moved away.

Cade Felix Thompson left me.

With no explanation.

With a broken heart.