five • kobra's chemical romance

Brendon, Sinful Cyanide, and their band were finishing up their final song, the one they called 'Emperor's New Clothes' or something like that. Kobra could never keep track of their weird song titles that they gushed over. American Psycho, Arms Race, Novocaine Night, and Missile Memory (Jet had labeled him as a man with a wannabe afro) had already finished, though Novocaine had already joined the four Killjoys offstage. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night, perfecting the songs that the four had asked him to play. Kobra felt bad, but he also felt the same degree of tiredness. He hadn't slept well. Why?

Because he knew she'd be here.

She was a Killjoy that resided in Battery City, keeping a watch over the citizens and delivering news to the Zone Three Killjoys. 

But she didn't know Kobra would be up on that stage. That partially terrified him.

Brendon and his group finished, while the dark-haired man gave a deep bow towards the audience before exiting the stage. Party took a shaky breath before looking at his friends. "Hey, we can do this. Right?" 

"Yeah, we can," Ghoul said, smirking and nodding at Jet. The stage went dark, Jet walking out first and followed by Novocaine. Ghoul went out next, Party hesitating with Kobra.

"You'll do fine," the redhead said, smiling slightly before walking out. Kobra followed hesitantly, walking around Ghoul and taking his place closer to the back in between Party and Ghoul. He placed his fingers accordingly on the bass, looking up at Party as he began to speak. He didn't introduce them, just made a tapping sound with his foot for Ghoul to start. 

They knew their first song would be House of Wolves. The scratching sound of the pained guitar was quickly joined by the other instruments and the lights, Party beginning to sing-scream into the crappy microphone he had. "I know a thing about contrition, cause I got enough to share," he started, the nervousness slowly melting away. Soon enough, Party just owned the stage and was overflowing with confidence. 

Ghoul joined him in on the 'take this to my grave' parts while occasionally chanting 's-i-n, I s-i-n' in the background. Kobra hardly moved, but did get quite into it. The next song they did was the one Party affectionately referred to as 'I'm Not O-Fuckin'-Kay'. He had both Jet and Ghoul on backing vocals, each doing their own part to sing-scream along. 

Everything was moving so fast, it was a blur. The rush of adrenaline, the pure joy of playing the instruments, the growing cheers of the crowd... It was something new. However, yet again when Kobra turned around once he could see Ghoul on the ground for five seconds just jamming out. They finished as soon as they started, Party taking a few steps back from the stage's edge. He shot a grin at his bandmates, clearly enjoying this. 

They moved on to Sing, slowing down to get more heartfelt. "Sing it for the ones that'll hate your guts!" Party had completely changed his personality onstage until the chorus, even then it was different. He wasn't as energetic, as he was taking more passion into his voice over his movements. 

"Cleaned-up corporation progress, dying in the process! Children that can talk about it, living on the web ways; people moving sideways!" Party was once again getting energetic, moving a lot more now. It was rather distracting to Kobra to see his brother doing this, but amusing at the same time. However, none of them had seen him put more emotion than into the one line 'keep running'. 

Once again, they had finished. Brendon walked out onstage, shooting a finger gun and clicking his tongue at the audience. He seated himself at the piano, his fingers waiting a few moments before hitting the 'G' key first. 

Party Poison's voice was hesitant, sounding almost broken emotional wise as he started. That, however, wasn't gonna stop him. "When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city. To see a marching band..." He began, continuing on as Brendon slowly left the piano on stage as Jet and Ghoul prepared for the pace to speed up. "Zone Three, lemme hear ya!" Party yelled unexpectedly, earning cheers that were even more unexpected.