The Ecstasy Of Pain And Pleasure

Chapter 16

(Darcy's POV :
I Want To Hurt You)

_______________

            I saw Bridget sitting at her desk in front of my office and ignored her as I walked past her. I opened my office's door and walked right in. At the corner of my eyes I saw her get up and follow me. “Not now, Bridget.” I said while walking toward my desk.

          “What's wrong?” She asked behind me with a bit of concern in her voice. I took off my jacket and sat down in the chair.

           “I said not now,” I firmly said to get my point across. I wasn't in the mood to talk. “I'll ask for you when I need you. Close the door on your way out and hold the phone calls. Unless the Chinese are here, I do not want to be bothered.” I watched her while I said all of that, not taking my eyes off of her. The way she slightly recoiled told me I  might not look so friendly. I've seen that look on many other faces before. That look of terror while looking at me, the fear coming off of them. I knew I was intense sometimes, and I also knew that a lot of people were afraid of me, but I couldn't help that.

             I did and still do try to hide that darkness and most times I succeeded. But sometimes it peaks at the surface showing its ugly face. And in those moments, I needed to be alone to try and regain self control, to try and fight this monster that's living deep in me, sometimes taking over my soul.

           This anger.

          This resentment.

          This hunger I have to hit and break and destroy. Yeah I was dark, and that was and still is, why I did not let anyone close to me enough to find that out. I used people and got rid of them, no reason to let them in if they go running the minute they truly know the real you.

          What was the point of trusting someone with your deepest and darkest secrets if they would betray you the minute they knew? Trust and love were for those who were weak and I've learned the hard way thanks to my dearest father.

           I looked up to find Bridget still standing in my office. “Why are you still here?” I growled in a deep and low voice, glaring at her from where I was sitting, my fingers painfully holding onto my desk.

           “I'm sorry, Darcy. I'll leave you alone.” She apologized and bolted, running out the door the minute she could. Yeah, they always ran -- never could handle the real me and who I was. They liked the facade I portrayed but when it was time to actually see what was really underneath all the charades, they all went running, scared of what I could potentially do.

          Well then, let them run. It was probably best for them anyway.

         I had a meeting in just a few minutes but I couldn't spend all day in this funk, I needed to get all this frustration out of my system before I did some damage, and I knew exactly how.

           I put my hand in my pants pockets and retrieved my cell phone, dialing Charlotte's number right away. She was just what I needed, a little distraction would do me good so I placed the phone on my  ear and waited for her to pick up the call. I waited, and waited, and waited, getting frustrated and annoyed every second that passed then it went to her voicemail.