Chapter 109.

(This chapter I will be going back and forth between Tessa and Hardin's POV, I want you to see what they are doing at the same time:) I hope you like it xo)

"I love that dress on you." Kimberly says as the car pulls out of the hotel lot.

"Thank you, this is the first time I have worn it." I tell her and she smiles.

"So what happened with your car?" She asks.

Trevor and Christian are in what appears to be a deep conversation about price per square foot on a new building in Seattle.

"I have no idea, it wouldn't start yesterday morning so I called someone to fix it but Hardin already had someone come get it." I explain and she smirks.

"Persistent isn't he?" She says.

"I guess so. I just wish he would give me a little time to process all of this." I sigh.

"Process what?" She asks. I forget that she doesn't know about the bet, she only knows that we broke up.

"I don't know, just everything. I have so much going on right now and I still don't have anywhere to live. I feel like he isn't taking this as seriously as he should. He thinks he can just play puppeteer with me and my life. He thinks he can just show up and say sorry and all will be forgiven but that's not how it works. Not anymore at least." I huff.

"Well I am happy you are standing up for yourself." She says. I am glad she isn't asking for details.

"Thank you. Me too." I tell her. I am proud of myself for standing up to him and not just giving in but at the same time I feel terrible for what I said to him today. I know he deserved it but I can't help but think what if he does care as much as he claims? I do know that somewhere deep down he cares for me, I just don't think its enough to ensure me that he won't hurt me again.

That's what he does, he hurts people.

"We should go out tonight night after the conference since Sunday those two will be in meetings all morning. We will do some shopping Sunday and go out tonight and maybe  Saturday night too. What do you think?" She asks me.

"Go out where? I'm only eighteen." I laugh.

"That doesn't matter, Christian knows a lot of people in Seattle. If you are with him you can get in anywhere." She says. I love the way her eyes light up when she speaks of him even though he is right next to her.

"Okay." I tell her. I have never been out before. I have been to the few parties at the frat house but I haven't ever been to a nightclub or anything even close.

"It will be fun, don't worry." She assures me.

"You should wear that dress." She adds and I laugh.

The rest of the drive is spent talking about work and Trevor ends up falling asleep leaning against the window. He looks so young in his sleep.

Hardin's POV.

"You will be alone for the rest of your life, and for that I feel sorry for you. I will move on, find a nice man who will treat me the way you should have, and we will get married and have children. I will be happy."

Her words keep playing over and over in my head. I know she is right but I don't want her to be. I had never minded being alone until now, now I know what I am missing.

"You in?" Jace's voice pushes breaks through my muddled thoughts.

"Uh, what?" I ask.  I almost forgot that I was driving.

He rolls his eyes and takes a hit from his joint.

"I asked if you were in, were going to Zed's." He repeats himself.