Chapter 3

Aaiden Airheart was a complete and utter mystery. I expected him to have some stupid smirk on his face—like any other self-absorbed guy—because he caught someone staring at him half naked, but did he? No. There was no grin on his face—not even the slightest of smiles. So imagine my surprise when I saw the blush forming on his cheeks as he quickly closed the curtains. The outline of his body soon disappeared, leaving me staring at the spot he once was.

      "Psst!" I heard Scarlett hissed, as I felt something hitting my shoe. Glancing down, I saw a tiny rock landing by my foot.

      I chuckled seeing her in the same position she was in just moments before. Did she really think she was being secretive? Anyone walking by could see her mop of hair sticking out like a sore thumb behind that bush. "You know, you can stop throwing rocks at me now. He's gone."

      "Oh thank gosh!" she exclaimed, brushing off the non-existent dirt on her outfit. That, or she was checking to see if any bugs crawled on her. I knew for a fact that she despised insects more than anything. "I thought I'll have to hid behind that disgusting hellhole for hours."

      "Don't worry, Scar." I laughed. "The torture chamber is over."

      "Ha-ha. Very funny Aubrey." She rolled her eyes at me. "At least you got to look at mister tall, dark, and handsome," she gushed, fanning herself. "Did you see those abs of his? And oh my gosh, that sexy v-line! I'll pay a million bucks just to lick that sexy body of his and—"

      I cover my ears knowing exactly where that sentence of hers was heading towards. "Please do not finish that sentence of yours."

      She pouted. "Oh, come on Bree! You can't deny his body is sexy as hell!"

      "A lot of guys have hot bodies," I shot back. There's actually a lot of decent looking guys around campus, but since I'd enrolled at Elite last year, all I could hear about was Aaiden this, and Aaiden that. Fortunately since he was two years my senior we barely cross paths with each other—well until now that is.

      "But Aaiden Airheart's body is on a whole new level!" she defended, like he was some God. "Did you fucking see his chest and those biceps of his? Those tattoos are effin sexy." She giggled, practically drooling on the spot.

      I raised my brows at her. "You know looks aren't everything, right?"

      She gasped, covering her mouth. "You did not just say that!"

      I sighed. Sometimes I wonder how we even became such good friends when we were polar opposites. Trust me when I say, we couldn't be more different. "Looks don't make the guy, Scar."

      Her jaw dropped open. "So, you're saying looks aren't important? Aubrey, how could you say something ridiculous like—"

      "—I didn't say looks aren't important, Scar. I said looks aren't everything."

      "Same diff!"

      "No, I meant—" I clamped my mouth shut knowing how useless this situation was. Trying to convince her that looks aren't everything was like trying to convince my dad to give the Erhardt's fortune to my cousins. If I had anything to say about it, I would renounce my title as the only heir to the Erhardt's fortune. "Never mind, let's just grab some food since we're out here anyways. I'm hungry."

      The corners of her lips curved up into a smile at the mention of food—our previous conversation totally forgotten. I laughed at that. If there's anything the girl loves more than boys, it's food. "Sure! Let's go to Eliot's!"

      "Why Eliot's?" I asked. "Didn't you say last week you were getting sick of their limited choices and vow to never eat there again?"

      "That was before I found out that Aaiden's favorite dish, the Elite Mac was served there!"