chapter three!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

*   *   *

*   *   *

( 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 )

Over the weekend, Elle had to work and explaining to her manager why she was wearing sunglasses inside (It was clearly because of migraines, Maggie!) was not a fun experience.

Sometimes she really hated her job. Well, less her job and more the customers. Working in retail was a nightmare that Elle really could have done without in that Saturday morning.

She had gotten lucky, however. One of her colleagues could tell she was suffering and let her go for a bathroom break where she had tactically thrown up to make herself feel better. Within an hour she was functioning perfectly well. Still couldn't stop her annoyance for complaining customers though.

*   *   *

When Monday had rolled around, it was rather quiet. Most people were consumed with the gossip of what happened at the party on Friday. It seemed that a party at the start of the term was exactly what the students needed. And what they need, Lydia was happy to give them.

Near the end of through the week, Isabelle had skipped watching lacrosse practice as she had to help tutor some guy in Chemistry. She figured if she slotted it in at the same time she could escape from the cold weather and stay inside the heated buildings.

However, Lydia soon came and found her, making sure to throw a very vocal bitch fit about Scott McCall. He had somehow injured Jackson during training which did not sit well with either of the girls.

*   *   *

During Math, both she and Scott were called to the front to solve the problems presented on the chalk board. "Why is there a rumour going around that you're not playing tomorrow?"

After practice in the morning the day before, and the threat from Derek later that night, Scott had tried to persuade coach to let him off of playing the game that weekend due to his lack of self-control over his transformation into a werewolf but that was not a success.

Of course, Isabelle had no idea about this and neither did Lydia or Allison or Jackson or Coach or anyone else apart from him, Derek and Stiles.

Speaking of Stiles, neither Isabelle nor Stiles had talked to each other since the party where they had a little moment (If you could call it that. Isabelle wouldn't but Stiles really would) and while Elle hadn't really cared, Stiles had been furious with himself (and Scott) for having to leave her, especially because she was half dressed.