Chapter 6

"Alex!" Rick wined, poking me with his pencil, "Be my parrrtnerr." He begged me. Of course I was going to be his partner since he was the only one I spoke to in this class, but since he always asked as if I would change my mind, I couldn't help but be sarcastic and say no.

"Stop poking me!" I went for his pencil but he pulled it back to him.

"Only if you'll be my partner." He smirked at me and poked me again.

"I'm always your partner! Why would that change now?" I grabbed my pen and poked him back.

"Maybe you've stopped loving me." He said and pretended to be hurt.

"Oh, how could I ever do such a thing?" I acted sentimental back. Soon after we started working on our mini project that we aced since we were a pretty smart duo.

"See you at lunch." I called to Rick as we seperated to make our ways to our next class.

"See ya."

When I walked into my next class my heart almost stopped. I had almost forgot who shared this class with me. Right in center middle sat those two; William and James. Standing still in the doorway was a mistake. It was a mistake when they looked up at me and I couldn't do anything but look straight back.

Once a devilish smile crossed their faces I regained my ability to move and quickly went to my seat near the front corner. I swung my ponytail in front of my face in the direction they sat in and started to doodle in my notebook.

There was a substitute today and the class was talking and just enjoying the free time. I enjoyed making stupid looking stick figures until I got two visitors.

"Well if it isn't our little bunny rabbit." James said, them both having two huge grins on their faces. They sat down on beside me.

"I can't remember much about that night, but I do remember you crying like we were gonna kill you." Will chimed in and gave a small chuckle.

I wanted to say yeah because you two almost raped me, but I didn't want them to keep talking so I ignored them and blatantly turned my body towards the window praying they would leave.

"Don't get like that we weren't going to do anything." Lying @sshole.

"Yeah you're not worth our time. You're ugly and such a crybaby." They were speaking in hushed tones but laughed super loud at how stupid they were. My eyes burned, but I still didn't bother looking at them.

"Clyde was right." I swung my head around in shock and anger. I knew Clyde and I weren't friends, but after what these two did would he really speak badly about me to them?

"Aww, are you gonna cry b!tch?" James said and tried to touch my face. I smacked his dirty hand away and lost all my composure. I was upset with the names they called me but even angrier at what Clyde did.

When I felt the dam inside my eyes slowly breaking apart I stood up, gave them the finger and left out the room as calmly as possible. Once out and noticing how empty the halls were I sprinted in the direction of the bathroom.

I could hardly see through my tears and had to keep wiping at them. I turned a corner running my hands over my face and smacked against something hard. I fell backwards and groaned as my butt hit the floor.

I wiped my eyes once again to see deep piercing green ones looking down at me.

More tears came as I saw the root of my anger, and I stood up pushing past him. I tried to run but got pulled back by a hand grabbing my wrist. "What happened?" Clyde demanded angrily.

"Get off of me!" I growled and pried his fingers off my wrist and continued to the bathroom. Once inside I went into a stall and grabbed some toilet paper to wipe my face. Why was I always crying?

I heard the door open and I tried to contain my sniffling so that they wouldn't hear. Then I looked down to see the feet and saw Clyde crawling under my stall.

"This is the girls ba-athroom! Ge-et out!" I sniffled in complete shock at what he was doing.

He knealt before me and just looked at me. I knew I was looking a mess, I was an ugly crier. "What happened?" He asked, his voice so much softer.

"I-I don't want to ta-alk to you." I said, wishing I wasn't such a mess. He started to pull me into a hug and I pushed his chest back with all me might.

He tried again and I pushed him again my anger rising. "Don't touch me! This is all your fa-ault!" I started my voice sounding distorted from the crying, "You're stupid rapist fri-iends called me na-ames because of yo-ou!" He pulled me into a hug again and I kept my hands firm on his chest so he couldn't get closer. "Why would you talk about me to them?" I cried again. Using his strength he forced me to hug him and in my disgusting state I gave in and hugged him back.

We stayed like that for a while in silence. Why wouldn't he say something? Why wouldn't he answer my question?

There were commercials on and I couldn't even remember what show I was watching. After the bathroom incident, Clyde left a while before me and didn't say a word. The rest of the day was peaceful despite how bad I felt. I didn't tell Dani or Rick what happened, but since my face was still a bit red, they did good in cheering me up.

Today was pretty peaceful also, Will and James didn't even look at me in class and I considered myself lucky. I hadn't even looked at Clyde. The only problem was, I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I had almost gotten raped, I wasn't a b!tch, and yet I kept getting called that, what was is that Clyde said to them? I hate Clyde, and although I had always hoped to cry less when I got older, I only cried more.

"Alexa!!" My mom called always being oblivious to troubles. "We are going to the park with Brenda and her son." She grabbed her keys on the coffee table and waited for me to get up.

"No thank you. I will stay home with dad." I didn't even look at her and Family Guy came on.

"Listen, I know it's not the funnest thing and you guys aren't exactly friends yet, but if I let you know a secret as to why you have to go, will you? My mom asked and came over to sit on the couch next to my feet.

I really didn't like to be pressured into anything and my mom knew how much I didn't like not knowing something, but I really didn't want to see him. "No, I'm okay."

"Alright." She shrugged and made her way to the door. Could she really give up that easily?

"Wait!" I called and she looked over to me with a smug look. Oh she was good. I just groaned and she smiled and came back to the couch. She knew I would give in, how cruel.

"Brenda wants you to come because, she gets to keep Clyde around, and to tell you the whole truth," She paused and got close to my ear whispering, "She wants to keep him around because he gets himself into some trouble and recently he's been getting into less trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" I perk up in my seat to know if she knows why he's been getting hurt.

"I'm not sure. But don't be afraid of him! He's a good kid." I almost threw up at that.

"What are you two whispering about?" My dad comes in, in his pajamas, his white muscle shirt contrasting with his dark skin.

"Nothing, we're leaving now. Don't have too much fun with your friends." My mom says and pulls me up. I can't believe I agreed to this.

When we pull up at the parking lot, I see Brenda setting out some food and drinks on a table with Clyde sitting at the table next to it, drawing.

"Amanda, Alexa, hi!" Brenda called us over. "Would you like some food?" She asked me with the same dimpley smile as her son.

I grabbed a sandwich and looked over at Clyde with his head down. I then looked over at the trees and found my favorite from when I was younger. I made my way over and put the sandwich in my mouth to climb up it. I sat on a branch with my back to the tree and ate my sandwich while texting Rick.

So how is the park? He texted me.

Kind of boring. I'm just sitting in a tree talking to you. I responded and set my phone down. I wanted to text Dani too, but I knew how inconsistent she was with texting. My phone buzzed and I looked down.

Damn that sucks, I'm sorry I can't be there.

That would be so much fun!

 "Hey!" I looked down grabbing my heart to see Clyde standing at the base of the tree. I almost fell out of this tree he scared me so badly.

"What?" I spat not caring how mean I was being. I would not be trying to be his friend any longer and I was going to make that apparent.

"Why are you up there?" He kept such a steady poker face as if he wouldn't care if the world ended right here and now.

"Just because." I half lied. I was up in this tree to get as far away from him because he was such an annoying jerk. But this didn't prevent him from coming to me.

"Well I'm bored." He said keeping his stare. That boy could out look someone till they dropped dead. It was unnerving.

"Why should I care? And we aren't friends, remember?" I looked at my phone.

Yeah we haven't hung out in forever! I smiled at Rick's text.

I know what is wrong with us? I replied and set my phone down looking back at Clyde.

And then, as if he owned the park, he started climbing up the tree. "Excuse you, this is my tree!" I said sort of pathetically.

"You don't own sh!t." He sat on the same branch as me facing me with a smirk on his face.

"Why are you even here? You're always mean to me anyways." I looked at him who, for once in his life, wasn't looking me straight in the eye.

"I was bored."

"Then why'd you come to the park in the first place? Are you just trying to be near me." It was my turn to smirk as I realized I was on to something. Although his mom had him around whenever I was around to get him out of trouble, he didn't have to go. He must have just wanted to be around me.

"Ha, you're funny. I've only been going with my mom places because she promised to pay for something for me."

"But I hate you." The words came out foreign. I wasn't a hater, but I said that anyways to get a point across.

"And I love you, your highness." I scrunched my nose in disgust. My phone buzzed again and I grabbed it. Before I could look at it though, Clyde snatched it from my hands.

"Give me my phone back!" I reached out across the branch and he only moved back. He kept an arm out to prevent me from coming closer and then looked at my message. "Are you stupid? What the f#ck do you think you're doing!?" I yelled, but he just laughed.

After reading my messages his face became indifferent again and he held my phone out  for me to grab it. "Is that your boyfriend?" He almost spat but again didn't look me in the eye.

"You're so immature!" I said simply and climbed down the tree. I went over to my mom and Brenda and sat with them. Clyde eventually went back to his table to continue drawing I guess. I didn't look at him. This boy was starting to seem bipolar. Or just the biggest tease ever.

I looked at my phone to see my text message from Rick. Too bad you have to be there with that jerk.