Chapter 97.

HARRY STYLES

I sat down at the kitchen counter, watching Arabella shuffle in front of me with the pots and pans. Her hair was pulled back from her face into a braid and not a single trace of makeup was present. My sweatshirt hung loosely on her small body and her knee socks nearly made me loose it the minute I saw them. She maneuvered quietly, humming a soft tune as I watched on.

Thing between us hadn't been awkward like I thought they would. It was as if nothing had changed. I would still tease her, she would brush it off and once I finally went to far she would sass me back until tears were falling down my face in laughter. I was happy that I was still able to confess my love to her, although the silence that followed still left a pain in my chest, it felt good just to say it.

She ran around the kitchen, grabbing ingredients from all over to make us lunch. Luchesi had been coming in the kitchen periodically but he sat in my office for the most part. He decided that he would do some of my paperwork so I could spend some time with Ara, but knowing he's in their looking at all my shit puts me on edge. I stood up and rounded to counter, walking over towards Arabella.

"What are you making?" I asked, placing my hands on her hips.

"It's a surprise" she smiled, turning around and placing her hands on my chest.

"How juvenile" I teased, pressing my lips to her forehead.

"Oh please" she said, rolling her eyes making me shake my head and bite my lip. She cuddled further into my chest making me hug her tighter.

"Aren't you cold? Do you want a pair of my sweatpants?" I asked feeling her head shake against my chest.

"No I'm fine, thank you" she quietly responded.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes I'm sure" she said pulling away a bit to look up at me.

I kept my grip tight on her, rocking her slowly from side to side. I know that teasing myself like this will only hurt me in the end. I should have cut off ties with her when she admitted to not loving me, but I just can't. I can't imagine, going back to how things were before her, or even back to how we were in the beginning. She's become the stability that I lacked throughout my entire life.

I guess I didn't hear the office door open because before I could even pull away from her, Luchesi had walked in and immediately went to the refrigerator.

"You're running low on beer" he commented, eyeing us a bit oddly.

"I wouldn't be if you didn't steal it all" I rolled my eyes, unlatching one arm from Arabella while keeping the other on her shoulder.

"Be nice" Arabella quietly scolded making me immediately shut my mouth.

"When your finished... in here, can you come help me with something in your office" he said a bit impatiently, making me squint my eyes.

"Yeah sure" I said pressing a kiss to Ara's forehead before walking behind him towards the office. 

Before I walked towards the office door, I opened the front door and grabbed the mail sitting on the porch. Most of my mail is peace treaties and magazines that Arabella signs up for. I closed the door and walked towards the office. I shut the door behind me and placed the mail on the couch. Luchesi sat in the chair, scribbling words onto a notepad as a paper sat in front of him.

"What's that?" I asked looking over his shoulder.

"It's a peace treaty with Vicious and Merciless" he said making me roll my eyes.