XXIV : The Call

"Heol," Jimin said almost automatically when the roller coaster got into our views and sounds of hysterical screaming were heard.

"Dare to take that as our first ride today?" I mischievously asked him, knowing that he is a weakling for such rides.

Jimin threw me a cynical glare as his face turned sour, but then in a matter of seconds it turned into a smirk as he asked me "What about..."

"We take the haunted house as our first ride?"

My eyes widened and I started thinking of ways to answer him so that we would never have to go to the haunted house attraction.

"Err.." I murmured for a bit before finally turning my frown into a grin and saying,

"Yah chingu, I was only joking! Now off to the carousel we go, okay?" I playfully slapped his arm.

His face quickly turned into a large grin too as he said "Yahhh... Of course chingu! Let's not test each other's weaknesses and have fun instead, shall we?" He positioned himself behind me, held my shoulders, and started guiding me to the carousel. I giggled as he pushed me forward.

Boy we sure are timid.

It took us quite some time cleaving through the crowd before finally arriving at the carousel. The yellow lights were beautifully shining and flickered to the rhythm of the music, they were clearly visible even though the place was well-lit. Jimin had moved to my side as we queued for the ride. I looked around and realized that we were surrounded mostly by kids. There were also young families, with kids. I spotted a plump kid nearby holding the bars of the lineup fences with his two hands, and squishing his face in between the two bars. His face looked bored as he had probably waited a long time for the ride, but his flat expression and squished cheeks made his face looked like a gerbil munching on a piece of carrot which was way too big, he looked funny.

"Jiminnie," I nudged Jimin.

"What?"

"I found your exact twin." I tried holding in my laughter.

"Where? Wonbin sunbaenim is here?"

"Yes he is, and he's right there!" I pointed towards the kid.

"Really? Whe-" the light in his eyes died as soon as it lit up. I started laughing at his response. He looked at me with an irritated expression but then puffed his cheeks and attempted to do aegyos.

"Jiminnie is so cute right? Noona loves me right?" he said as he kept leaning forward towards a laughing me.

"Noona~"

Me, being too occupied in laughing, didn't realize that his face had came to be only a few inches away from mine. 

Our eyes then made contact.

He stopped his weird aegyos the same time I stopped laughing. We stayed like that for a few moments for I was too dumbfounded. My face was by then burning red as my own chest feels like it's killing me.

"Hing!" I spontaneously said as I pushed his face away with the palm of my hand, a little bit too harshly. 

The next few of seconds were then filled with awkward silence as Jimin pretended to look away and I fiddled with my fingers, cursing myself for I don't even know what the hell "hing" was supposed to mean. The urge to throw myself together alongside trashes tickled my insides. 

That time the ride announcer became my personal hero, for he broke the silence between us as he told us that it was our turn getting on the ride.

-

The ride was then over and we were happily giggling getting off our respective horses.