See Me (Andrew's POV- Bonus Chapter)

"Oh look." Kyle cuts his laugh short and points his bottle towards the door. "Your groupies are here, and they brought friends."

"Jealous?" TJ asks him. "If you weren't such an ass, you might be able to score one tonight."

I'm not really paying attention to them, I'm watching the girls walk in, or one girl in particular. She's between her friends, and she's looking our way, but not at me.

The frustration I've been feeling all weekend burst in my chest. Maybe because Kyle called her a groupie, and I can't decide if it's a good thing she's not. Sometimes I think it is, but right-fucking-now, I'm not so sure. It'd be easier if she was. If she just let me bury my cock in something other than her mouth, not that her mouth wasn't good. Those soft lips lived up to every fantasy I had about them. But she hasn't let it go further, yet. And I'm the one hanging on to her, calling her, chasing her. What the fuck has happened to me?

"I'd stay away from their friends," Shawn warns Kyle. "That group knows how to get to girlfriend status."

"They're not girlfriends," Kyle corrects him.

"Oh really?" Omar's not buying it. None of the team was. All weekend, I've heard the same thing, all because I didn't go out. But they don't know. "So I could take a shot, then." He laughs before I even have to say shut the fuck up. "Right, like I thought, maybe not girlfriends, but unavailable."

TJ has Brook's roommate in his arms, supporting Omar's claim. She probably is his girlfriend. They spent all weekend talking, even on the sidelines of the game. Brook didn't call this weekend. Not once. Not ever. Only Tatum did that because she saw what happened at that game. That fucking game. That damn coach. I drink down the anger tightening my throat.

"Good game." She bumps into my side, mentioning the wrong thing. I don't know what game she watched because a win doesn't equal a good game.

"Was it?" I set my empty bottle down.

"Do you not think so?" her voice is quiet. It gives me pause.

"I don't know." I study her, but can't meet her eyes because it's clear I hurt her feelings somehow. Perfect. I said two words that now I'd have to make up for. But I can't play nice right now. Her typically calming presence does everything but calm me at the moment. Especially in the tight skirt she's wearing. There's something in me that wants to see how far I can push her. How many times she'll forgive before she breaks and fights back. I want to break her almost as much as I want to fuck her. Almost. But I don't think I can have both, not with her. I need to walk away. "I need a drink? Do you want something?"

"Ah, sure." She barely can look at me, only in glances and then she drops her eyes to the floor. "I'll have a beer."

"Right. I'll be back." I hate that it's the truth, that I can't stay away. And she knows it. She knows she's got me.

I step to the bar and order our drinks, my thoughts pulling in too many directions to keep up with. The Ravens coach's interest in me, my coach's reaction, the doubt I have in Mr. Valdez, everything Tatum said. Brook. Fuck. My life's slipping from my control, the clear road I'd mapped out, no longer straight. And decisions that usually came easy to me are tripping me up.

Especially the one at the table, waiting for me. She shouldn't be a consideration. She shouldn't impact my decisions. Maybe Tatum was right, maybe everyone was right. I've let her get to me, I've taken it too far.

I crack my beer, watching her for a moment. She's laughing with Kyle and some friend she brought. But then that friend walks away and Kyle leans over the table to get close to her. And her laughter fades, but she's still got a soft smile for him. What the fuck?