Chapter 44

Alex's POV

I woke up momentarily during the night. Agh my head was hurting. Right, the alcohol. I looked over to Rachel who was sound asleep beside me. You know, I could say that she looked like the most perfect angel when she slept, but at the moment she looked just downright hilarious. Her tongue was sticking out of her mouth as if she were a puppy and somehow one of her arms slipped outside of her shirt sleeve. I grabbed my phone, blinded by the light for just a second and took a picture of her. I'm gonna have to keep that picture handy in case she decides to embarrass me one day.

I laid back down trying to find sleep again. But at the moment my mind was thinking about all the things her and I did yesterday. I knew that our various events would probably inspire a song from me, but I just had to find the right way to word it...the right way to prepare it. As I thought about possible lyrics and instrumentations, I found myself dozing off again, leaving my thoughts for tomorrow.

—————————

Rachel's POV

"No, Alex, don't worry I'll be home by 7 tonight alright?...Okay fine, I'll make my special tortellini pasta...Cook for 3? Rian's still there?...Okay, see you later. Bye." I hung up with Alex for probably the 4th time today. He knew that I was in the studio today, yet he kept calling me "just to hear my voice".

"Is the boyfriend getting on your nerves?" I heard a friendly familiar voice ask me once she stepped back into the room.

"No I wouldn't say that, Cass. But its clear that he's frustrated with the song him and Rian are working on right now. Apparently they made a deal that if Alex made the lyrics for the song, Rian would make the music for it, and he's stressed because he can't find the right words. So every time he's called its because he 'wants to hear my voice' or 'needs to talk to me for inspiration'." I explained. Yeah, I was working with Hey Monday on some new songs for an EP.

"That's so sweet. He wants you to inspire him and his songs. He loooves you!" Cassadee said ending it off in a jokingly childish voice.

"Cass he obviously loves me. I've spent over a year with that goofball." I joked back, "now get back in the vocal booth, we need your background vocals on this song."

———————

"So boys, did you finish that song or what?" I asked Rian and Alex as we finished dinner that night. I ended up cooking enough for 4 people since I invited Cassadee to join us.

Cassadee stood up and helped me collect the empty plates around the table, "I think we've got the final product done actually" Alex replied happily.

"Yeah, I mean I didn't have a problem with writing the instrumental parts for it once Gaskarth finally wrote some lyrics" Rian said proud of himself earning a smack across the head from Alex, "but I think we made a good song and the fans will like it. It's pretty different too."

"So when do we get a listen?" Cassadee asked curiously, going over to Rian and rubbing his shoulder.

"When the next album is out obviously" Alex said.

"Oh come on, isn't there a special discount the girlfriends can get?" I asked sitting back down beside Alex.

"Discount?" Alex laughed at me, "you're such a woman."

"Oh shut up and play me that song!" I argued.

"Nu-uh, sorry Rach. Sorry Cass. Only our ears and our producers ears will be hearing it any time soon." Rian said back.

"So you're not recording with me again?" I said fake pouting. Although part of me was a little upset I couldn't go through that recording process with them again this time around. Alex had previously mentioned they had a guy in mind for this next album. Hank McDougall, yeah he's one of Jenna McDougall's relatives and hes been in the business for a long time. So I understand why they want this guy, he's known world wide and has helped a whole lot of bands.