Chapter 13

“It’s so nice of you to join us again Florence.” 

I felt sick in the stomach when he spoke, his voice sent shivers down my body and horrible thoughts of what happened last time I was in his presence, when he hurt me in so many ways.

"Well aren't you going to talk?" He whispered, sliding a hand down my arm, lightly chuckling as I flinched away.

"Don’t flinch away from me Florence, you’re mine remember?" He sneered as I struggled in the chair. I needed to get away, but I couldn't, no one would be able to save me now.

I still didn't speak which seemed to make him angrier as he stepped now in front of me, so that I could see his disgusting face. His dark eyes were fringed full of hatred and lust.

"You disobeyed me Florence. It seems you ran away from your husband to be, how do you think that makes me feel?" He said mocking hurt.

I looked into his eyes, ignoring the fear building in my stomach.

"I don't care how that makes you feel, you are disgusting" I sneered, venom oozing from my voice.

It was his entire fault.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here and Daniel would not be dead.

Suddenly my head was forced back as his hand connected to my face; it took a while for the pain to finally catch up with the shock.

"I am Lord Raziel, your husband to be, and you will not talk to me like that. You will not disobey me, is that clear" He shouted leaning over me, his face so close to mine that I could feel his hot breath on my skin. I found myself trembling again as he glared down at me.

"I have told you before, I am not marrying you" I screamed causing him to slap me once more; this time the force caused the chair lightly tip backwards and forwards until it was balanced once again.

"You will marry me Florence, whether you like it or not. I’m all you have left - your father is in prison, your old lover ran away and your new one, well that little servant, now lies on the cold floor where he deserves to be, dead" He screamed into my face, causing me to flinch by the power of his words.

He was right, I had no one. 

My own father is in prison, slowly rotting away.

Francis, the person I thought I could trust the most, ran away leaving me heartbroken.

And Daniel... The boy who made me realise my feeling towards him, who I was now in love with, was dead.

I had nothing to live for, I might as well die with Daniel, but I can't, I have to stay strong.

My tears that were shed for Daniel carried on but I said these words with force.

"I will marry you, but do not talk about Daniel like that." 

He chuckled but also looked taken back.

"His name was Daniel? How sweet, but I will talk about whoever I like, however I like. Now as you said you shall marry me, you may leave where you will go to your room where you shall be guarded twenty four hours" He said smirking.

"We don't want you running away now" He added chuckling. 

I sucked in a deep breath and waited patiently while he untied the rope. As soon as it was loose enough I pushed It off me and walked out of the door, to be met by two guards. They did not speak but stood beside me, following and watching my every move.

Finally I got to my room, but I had to wait for the guards to check it and also lock the window, they then nodded at me and walked out closing the door behind them. I waited a couple of minutes before walking to the door and holding my ear close. I could hear small muffles of the guards outside, I guess they won't be leaving tonight.