Give Me More

Chapter 17

               (Charlotte's POV )
__________________

         "So, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked Darcy who was walking out of the kitchen. I was sitting in the living room with my feet on the coffee table and a cup of hot chocolate in my hand because I just wanted some.

          It was late at night, having decided to stay in the penthouse and spend all that time pretty much just fucking our brains out like bunny rabbits. Exhaustion was an understatement of how I felt, and after the dinner we just had, all I wanted to do was sit and fall asleep watching TV.

"Why would anything be wrong?"

"Well, because you pretty much attacked me." I answered and looked up to find him standing in front of me in his pajamas pants. I had learned this penthouse was actually exclusively reserved to Darcy and so it was his home when he was in New York.

I never really understood why he stayed at hotels instead of buying a place, I mean he had the money for it; why not invest? Was it because he didn't want to commit? We all knew how freaked out he was of committing to anything.

"I don't feel like sharing." He said and that pissed me off.

"So, if I understand, you are okay with having sex with me without a condom but you can't open up to me even a little?" I placed the cup on the table, which was now half empty. "What are you scared of? I won't judge you, I'm not in the position to ever judge you." I added and he laughed.

"This is where you're mistaken Charlotte, I don't want to share not because I'm afraid of you judging me, but just because I don't care to. It's not what I need you for, it's never been what I need you for." He answered, his hands in his pockets.

I glared at him, hoping I didn't actually hear what had just come out of his mouth. I felt so stupid for defending him only just a few hours ago, he really was a douche and I felt like every time I changed my mind about him, he went around and said or did something to prove me wrong on him.

"Well, great way of making a girl feel like less than shit." I got my feet off the table and got up.

"I'm only telling the truth." He was still standing there a few feet away from me.

I wanted to punch him in the freaking face for being such a cold hearted son of a bitch, I also wanted to slap myself in the face for being this naive as to think maybe Darcy was changing a bit, maybe he was softening, maybe, just maybe, he saw me as a little more than his whore. I grabbed my purse off the sofa and slipped into my shoes.

"Where are you going?" He asked, I rolled my eyes not even looking at him, I grabbed my shirt, now missing buttons, and put it on.

"Well, you got what you wanted, my job here is done I guess. After all, that's all you need me for, right?" I told him, trying to close my shirt to hide my bra but failing miserably so I just tied it together in hope that it'll be enough until I got home.

"I'm not done with you." This made me finally look up at him. I shook my head before speaking.

"Too freaking bad because I'm done. You might not want to open up to me, but I know I deserve more and, until you realize that, refrain from contacting me." I grabbed my phone also off the sofa. "And I'm keeping your money because you freaking owe me that at least, since that's how things are." And with that said, I walked out the door, leaving him standing in his living room not even showing any regret.

___________________

(Darcy's POV )

          Walking away from where I was standing, I heard Charlotte slam the door shut, disappearing from my view. Well damn, I guess that could have gone better. I just didn't want to tell her she was part of why I was in such a moody state.