PROLOGUE: Sentenced

-edited-

Katana POV:

"Travis don't be like that." I pout.

"Like what? My mom hates me and my dad just thinks it's funny to ruin my life."

"We're just a couple of kids, why can't you just stay at my house tonight? My parents never seem to mind." I grab his arm in hope.

"No, Katana, imma hang out at Jack's."

I let go and tempt to turn around, but then I just have to say what's on my mind. "You, know you always had a bad habit of running towards people who didn't want you. Instead of walking into the arms of someone who adores you." With those words said, I turn around and walk away.

"Katana..." Travis trailed off, "Ya, know not everything is what it seems."

I didn't respond, I just kept walking up the hill towards my home.

*Next day*

"I hadn't heard from him... well I did, but that was last night he was talking about going to Jack's house." I tell my mom as she continues to cook breakfast.

"Well, why? He does know he's welcomed here anytime, right?" My mom asks, flipping the sausage.

"Ya, I told him that, but he still didn't care."

"Are you still thinking about being homeschooled, you're a werewolf."

"I'm positive. If Annabelle Higgins do one more thing to me I'm going to kill her!" I growl.

"Stop over reacting, you're eighteen, the only thing you killed was a rogue." My mom laughed.

"No, mom, I'm so serious. Annabelle gets away with way to much, because she's 'the alphas daughter'. You saw me last week, she beat me up cas Joshua held my hand." I clench my fists. "One more time mom, I will kill her."

"You better bite your tongue young lady." I did bit my tongue, in a playful manner.

*school on Tuesday*

"You're just a bitch, Katana, you're not wanted not even by your own mother." Annabelle teased.

I tried to walk passed her but her posse blocked me. "Let me through."

"No way bitch, the future Luna isn't done with you." Barkwa smirked.

"Fuck the future 'luna' and Fuck you." I grunt.

"Excuse you!" Annabelle said, getting in front of me. She pushed me to the ground and I fell on my back. "You can't speak to me that way! I'm in control!" She yelled, followed by a strike to the face. "Go find a new pack, you're worthless here." She kicked me and was about to do it again when someone stopped her.

"Hey! Hey! Annabelle, she's had enough!" It sounded like the voice belonged to Travis.

"Its alright, I'll get her Another time." She flipped her hair and walked away.

"You okay?" Travis asks.

"I've had it up to here with her, I'm so fed up."

"Don't worry about it, Katana, one more year." He whispers.

"I can't do one more year."

*three days later*

May 22, 2015

"Hey mom I'm going to head out for a while." I say.

"Its nine o'clock, where could you possible go or do at this time of night?" She asks.

"I'll be back ma."

"Okay."

I kept walking and met up with a old friend of mine, Isaac.

"Hey, Issy." I smile as he gives me a hug.

"Hey, Ana."

*one week later*

"Alphas daughter who was once missing had been found, dead. The autopsy reads she died last Thursday, May 22. Right now the Alpha and Luna are upset and by far Alpha has been searching with the enforcers to find his daughter killer. They are believed to be rogues, but we have a couple people who wants to speak on their behalf of what's been going on, to cause the death of Annabelle Higgins." Someone rang the doorbell and my mom gestured for me to get it.

"Oh, Alpha William." His eyes was dark and dangerous. That's when he growled.

"Grab her!" The enforcers immediately grabbed my arms roughly. That's when I heard the tv still on.

"My name is Barkwa Phillips, and to be honest Annabelle had a lot of enemies, ya know with jealousy and stuff, but there's was one person that couldn't stand her more than the rest. Katana Markowitz, and a few people knew about their feud, and some one even over heard her saying she was so fed up with her. Annabelle wasn't the best werewolf, but death sure the hell wasn't what she deserved. Katana, where ever you are, I hope that you get worse than the death penalty." Mom quickly stood up and stared at me with horror in her eyes.

"Mom I didn't kill her." I started to cry.

"Katana." She said my name hoarsely.

"Mom! I didn't kill her! You have to believe me!" I cried as they dragged me away.

*trial*

"I call, Katana Markowitz, to the stand." I stood up with my hands and feet cuffed with chains.

The judge held up her hand for me to wait until I moved. "How do you plead?"

My throat felt drier than the desert. "Not guilty, your honor." I gulp. I could hear the frustrated growls erupt from the stands.

"You may approach the stands."

My ankles felt heavy and I felt as if time was slowing down wit every step I took. I finally reached the chair and sat down. One of the enforcers came up to with a Bible in their hand and told me to set mine on top. So I did. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" He asked as his deep voice echoed the quiet court.

"I do." He placed the Bible to his side and walked away from me. I searched the room to see if my mom had showed, I'm happy for her not be here.

The Alpha wasn't present, but the Luna was. I already knew the jury made up their minds once they heard the story on the wolf news. "Where were you May twenty-second on Thursday, night?" The Lunas lawyer asked.

"I was with Isaac Wimders." I gulp.

"Isaac Wimders, the boy that was part of this pack but was kicked out and became rogue, by attempted murder?"

"He's just add innocent as I am." I say raising my voice.

"Direct answer, Markowitz." The judge growled.

"Yes, Isaac Wimders."

"Why did you and Annabelle have complications?" The lawyer asks.

"Because, I am friends with people that wanted nothing to do with her. I was popular with people who didn't like the way she dictated everything."

"How did that affect you?"

"She hated that there was a part of the school that couldn't tolerate her, and I happens to be the center of her that. I always understood she had alpha blood running through her vanes, but she abused her future title."

"So would you title her a bully?"

"Yes."

"I have no further questions." I walked down from the stand and sat in my seat.

Trial was long, but the jury finally had heard enough. The judge opened the envelope. "Katana Markowitz has been charged with man slaughter, she will not be given the gift of death, but Katana Markowitz will now have to find a way to live as a rogue. You're to not be spotted on this land again, if you are, you're to be murdered on sight, court is adjured."