Chapter 6: Samuel.

I gulped hard and started stepping back. My heart was hammering in my chest and I was silently praying for a miracle right now. The cold air outside was freezing my legs. Even though I carried my coat along with me, it just helped me in covering my bare hands. Jeans would've been better than a sundress.

I still couldn't understand why the person was wearing a mask though.

you are so dumb. He wore mask so that even if you escape you should not recognize him later. My subconscious yelled at me.

When he started advancing towards me I held my sweaty hand up to stop but he didn't. How dare he!

Run! My brain yelled at me, but I didn't. He could possibly throw a knife at me or worse, shoot a bullet.

I mustered up some courage and asked "what do you want from me?"

"Your death." He said. I froze in my spot hearing those words. Why would someone want me to die? Let alone some stranger.

"What are you speaking about?" I asked him.

"I want your death. Cooperate with me and we will be done" I scoffed. Yeah, a person in their sane mind would cooperate for their own death. I was searching with my legs for a stone or something that I could use to hit on the the gravel path I was standing.

"Who are you and why are you trying to kill me?" I must at least know why am I getting attacked and who's behind this.

"That my darling is a confidential information. But I assure you that I'm just paid to kill you" I could hear a smirk in his voice. I just so want to look at that person and punch him in the face right now. But by the voice I can say, it's very unfamiliar.

"Look just leave me. I'll pay you any amount of money you need." I tried to deal with this psychopath. Keyword: tried.

He chuckled darkly saying "I'm loyal my dear. And I have enough money. Don't try to lure me, you'll fail miserably."

I was clenching my fists tightly to get out of the situation when he suddenly removed a knife and attacked me. I tried to defend myself but I wasn't quick enough. I shut my eyes tightly whispering 'I love you Ethan' and all the events of my life rushed to my brain in that instant. My rough childhood, Samuel, Ethan, my parents and everyone. Even a small smile made its way to my lips when I realised I have a family before I die. I waited for the impact but it never came. I slowly opened my eyes to see the attacker on the ground clutching his stomach and was bawling in pain.

"Never attack ladies and that too when they are pretty as her." The man I assume who saved me said.

The attacker tried to get up but collapsed to the ground again when he received a hard kick from the man. I seriously should've asked the attacker's name. It's so confusing that I don't know both their names.

The man looked up with a cocky smirk on his face and came towards be asking "are you okay?"

But before I could reply, he again said "Why wouldn't you be. After all someone as handsome, hot and sexy as me saved you."

This man doesn't deserve a thank you. My eyes widened when the attacker threw a knife right at my saviour. I quickly pushed the man away and ducked myself to stay safe. The knife fell to the ground making a metal 'clink' sound. All the sounds were echoing in the silent street giving a movie vibe to the whole situation.

"How dare you attack me?" The man yelled with blazing eyes and forwarded towards the direction in which the attacker was trying to escape. The attacker got to the car parked by the end of the street and started driving away. Of course the man couldn't get to him.